What a fun Halloween! People kept asking me what I was going to dress up as and up until noon on Saturday I didn't know. I was so excited about Elsie being a cupcake that I really didn't care if I dress up or not (in the words of a good friend mine, "Jill Manning not dress up? That is blasphemous!") But I love Halloween too much to not dress up and I am so happy that I am married to a man who loves to dress up and think up costumes just as much as I do.
The big plan was for Ty to go as Buddy the Elf (Will Ferrel's character in the movie Elf). I bought the pattern for it and everything. And than I was going to go as the his girlfriend in the Ms. Santa looking outfit that she wore at the end of the movie and Elsie was going to our little elf. Or reindeer, I was still undecided. But than life got in the way and I ran out of time and Ty was so busy with school and finals and I decided to make Elsie's costume without a pattern (which meant scraping the idea of her being an elf or reindeer all together) and Halloween came without anything for either of us. But seriously, when you have a cupcake this adorable, would people even notice if our costumes were less than stellar?
I told Elsie that she needed to learn to walk by Halloween so that she could be extra adorable in her costume and boy, oh boy, walk she did.
We went to our Ward Halloween Block Party and she walked up and down that street and mostly up and down the curb of the side walk. When she was fascinated over stepping up and down the curb, she was all about chasing down this little dog that was dressed like a hot dog. It was adorable.
After the ward party, we headed to Ty's parent's ward party and she loved walking around with Grandma Manning and being in the grass (which is surprising considering just a few days ago she despised it) and eating cookies.
Than we headed to a friend of ours who was throwing a cute family friendly Halloween party and had yummy food and watched Elsie walking back and forth through the door way (she loves trying to step up and down things we have learned). Oh and Ty did take her into the big blow up bounce castle they had and she was screaming with delight the whole time.
Oh and our costumes were...I was a nurse/doctor, I let everyone else decide. I bought scrubs from Savers and have decided that they are my new pj's because they are so comfy!!! And Ty went as Edward Cullen from Twilight. The best part of his costume was all the glitter that he put all over his face (because that is what these vampires do in the sun. They don't die, they shimmer.) He really was all sparkly, it was hilarious. And before anyone thinks that I forced him into this costume, all I did was half jokingly suggest that he be Edward and he took off with it all on his own. I married one of the great men ever!! Sadly we didn't get any pics of me in my costume but here is one that we got of Ty (you can't see the glitter but it is there and it actually looked better than glittery effect they gave Edward in the movie, if I do say so myself).
He calls this his goofy Edward face.
Once again, I Love Halloween!!! Now to plan for next year, I'm not scrapping the Elf idea just yet. If Ty is willing to be Edward than I know he would be willing to year mustard colored tights. We'll see you all next year!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Halloween '09
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
Fun report - super darling pics of Elsie (that smile will get her anything she wants from this grandma!) and Ty's The Man!!! (glitter and all)! You did a great job making Elsie's costume......and from scratch!! Impressive Jill.
MOM
love, love love. Again, you did a great job!
Elsie looks amazing! I am so proud of you!
Well done Jill. That costume was awesome.
Mitzi
She is the sweetestcupcake i have ever seen. Great job Jill
Congrats on the costume. It turned out awesome!!!
i love the pic of elsie tipping over...so cute- she really was the cutest little person on the block:)
amazing!!! YOu are so talented!!! she looks good enough to gobble up and eat :) so cute! good job.
You're amazing Jill. Elsie's costume turned out adorable. The cutest little cupcake.
You go girl! Elsie's costume looks adorable!!
Post a Comment