Thursday, February 11, 2010

Raid This!

Growing up I was never one to raid my sister's closets. This was mostly because they were much older than me and frankly, it just never crossed my mind to. Although I did love when it was time to clean out our closets and I got to rummage through the bags of clothes they were giving away and pick out the pieces that I wanted to inherit. I always thought my sisters were so cool, therefore, I thought that if I wore cool people clothes than that would make me so cool too. Maybe if the cool people clothes weren't meant for girls 7-8 years older than me. It was a nice try on my part though. I do remember sneaking into my sister's bathroom in several occasions so that I could play dress up with her Homecoming and Prom jewelry. We looked at old high school pictures as a family a few years ago and found pictures of her in that jewelry for a dance and it was hilarious. Those earrings were HUGE and so...80's. Maybe subconsciously I knew the earrings were wrong in so many ways and that is why I never left the bathroom when I would try them on. But than again, I did sport a mullet and a perm, so may be not.
Anyways, my sister Jamie recently did a blog post on some of her favorite songs at the moment and I went nuts listening to the songs she chose. I appreciated the opportunity to raid her music closet and be just as cool as her. So here is the start of a monthly (let's hope I can keep this up every month) posting of some of my favorite songs at the moment (this is for you Jamie).


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

The first song is so much fun to jump up and down to and sing at the top of your lungs. At least Elsie thinks its funny when I do it. The Cary Brothers song is a great cover of an 80's classic and I can't help but think of that last scene in Sixteen Candles and Jake Ryan. I have to throw in some Avett Brothers because I am obsessed with them right now. And I love the Edward Sharpe song because it is a nice mix of Johnny Cash and Moby (if you can believe there could be such a thing). What a great song.

5 comments:

Jessie Lewis said...

Thank you so much for sharing! At one time in my life I was very into music and searching for new great music. I definitely miss those days and love when I find new songs that I fall in love with.

Jenna said...

Oh I like when you do this too! I liked the last playlist you posted (lullabies maybe?), and your Twilight mix was also great. I love creating the perfect playlist. My favorites right now are Train's Hey Soul Sister, and anything by Regina Spektor and Jaymay :)

Jandi said...

Awesome Jill! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love how you write Jill - you're talented that way. It makes me giggle! Your other talents are just way too many to list here - Just consider yourself very "special"!

MOM

jamie said...

I just realized I never commented on this. LOVE IT!!! I'm so happy you're doing this. :) Let's raid each others closets.