Thursday, October 8, 2009

Its Official

Our little Elsie Pie is no longer a baby, she is officially a toddler. She started walking yesterday and not just a step here or there but she pretty much cleared the length of the whole room all by herself. Here is a video of her mad skills!
We had really been pushing the whole walking thing considering all of her friends were doing it (I hope we didn't just teach her that peer pressure is a good thing) and if we weren't going to press the issue, she wasn't going to. She was very content with crawling and was able to get places just fine because of it. I love that she keeps getting back up after repeatedly falling down and has a smile on her face the whole time because she knows that she is mastering something new and exciting. I will get really excited when she walks and I need to work on that because than she wants to clap and that makes her lose concentration and she falls over. I just can't believe how grown up she looks when she is walking, even if she is very unstable and wobbly, she just isn't my little 7 lb. baby who wants to be swaddled up tight "like a burrito" anymore. Ty's really excited about her new skill because now he feels justified buying her a volleyball, let the training begin. Let's just pray that she has her Dad's athleticism and not her Momma's.

9 comments:

Beka said...

YEA for Elsie! I loved the video! I love the wobbly walk when they first start- its so adorable!

Rachel said...

It was bound to happen sometime soon! She looks so grown up!

Chelsea said...

How exciting! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Think bigger - buy our "Elsie Pie" both a volleyball and a basketball!!! Think in future millions of $!! She is walking much better than most first timers I know. What a sweetheart grandchild she is!!!

MOM

jamie said...

I adore that Elsie. And I adore babies that are learning how to walk. Those wobbly legs are just to die for. She's is definitely not a baby anymore!

Jake said...

That's awesome. Looks like our two kids are on practically the same schedule, considering they are only a day apart. Carson has just figured out the walking thing too. What a blast!

Jandi said...

She is so cute, Jill!! Yeah for walking! Way to go Elsie!!

Cheri said...

Elsie is growing up so fast! What a fun milestone!
Just thought I'd let you know about a really cute FREE purse pattern!
http://rae.oostendorp.net/ButtercupBagfinal.pdf

Cheri

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.