Monday, December 7, 2009

As Promised

Here are some pictures of our Twilight/New Moon party that we had a few weeks ago. It really was so much fun and well worth all the effort. Here is the table setting:

I made a CD for everyone that had some of my favorite songs from the Twilight soundtrack and than some songs that I thought should have been on the soundtrack.

Who knew our little condo could host a little dinner party so well? I got a lot of my ideas for the table from This Site.
Around the house I had different quotes from the New Moon book in frames. I actually put up the quotes a few days before the party so that it was one less thing I needed to worry about and it was pretty embarrassing when the missionaries came over and saw them. They probably thought I was a nut case...which I can be sometimes.

Christie put together this candy buffet table and it was perfect. Finding black, red and white candy is a lot harder than it sounds but she did a fantastic job. We were able to fill up our little red baggies with all sorts of yummy treats which we then ate while were waiting in line and in the theater.

This the dinner buffet. Again Christie did a great job on the food. Mushroom raviolis (of course), fettucini alfredo, spinach artichoke dip, bruschetta, salad and homemade bread sticks. It was a feast and so yummy. I covered the table in red and black tulle and than put more book quotes around the food with little tea lights.
After dinner, we played mean game of "Who Said This" jeopardy. Basically we read a quote and they had to guess who said it in the book. It was an intense game between Team Edward and Team Jacob. I think Team Edward won.
Than we had yummy red velvet cupcakes with a pomegranite (I think I need to learn how to spell before I write another post) jelly that Christie made from scratch...YUMM-O!!!
Then we made flowers to wear in our hair as a little craft. I usedThis Tutorial for the flowers. We used red and black tulle and organza to go with the theme.
I wish we had a picture of the water bottle labels that Christie created. They were fantastic! She created four different kinds and I was so excited to have some left over ones to drink from even after the party was over. Ty probably wasn't though. I would laugh when I would see him drinking from a water bottle that had a picture of Jacob and the wolf pack with no shirt on. Poor guy.
So overall, it was a success and the movie was exactly what I was hoping it would be. Within the first 10 minutes I wanted to text Christie and tell her that it was already better than Twilight. I wanted to go back on Friday and see it again and not from the second row.
I think Alice Cullen would have been impressed with our little get together. Here's to June 2010 for Eclipse!

10 comments:

Beka said...

AWW! that looked like SO much fun! i'm sad i missed it! Great job, love all the decor, food, etc. You can always set it up again for 2 and we can go see New Moon again at a normal hour in great seats!!:) ha ha

Jandi said...

I love this!! I want to have a Twilight party now!!! Great job!

Stephanie said...

You are so cute! I love it!

Ju said...

Looks like it was awesome

Christie said...

It. Was. Awesome. And so are you! I think your inner 14 year old and my inner 14 year old are kindred spirits. :) Ok, I'm laughing that I just said that! Or wrote that. Or whatever. I'm going to bed.

Pierce Family said...

What fun! I wished I lived by you so I could go to your Twilight parties! - - (and to see your beautiful face)

Cheri said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome party! I threw a little New Moon party also! And I agree New Moon was way better than Twilight! Go Team Edward!

Jessie Lewis said...

Such a well hosted party. You girls have talent!

The MacMizzles said...

I will add this to my list of reasons I wish I lived in your neighborhood. It's a lengthy list, and it just got bigger.

What a hostess you are...did you have a twilight apron?

rad6 said...

saw your pics on your sister's blog... such a cute family that I had to come for a short visit.