Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Raid This! March 2010

I love that it is that time again to raid the musical closet. Do you remember when mix tapes were all the rage? Who am I kidding, I think they still are...just maybe in CD form. I remember putting together mix tapes for my best friend Amy who lived in CA. It was so frustrating when you would finally have a list of great songs and you would start recording them to a tape and than you find out that you still had half song to get on that blank tape when the tape ran out. ARG! That was the worst. But than I would decorate the outside of the tape with all sorts of stickers, which was always so much fun. Let me tell you, putting together a "mix tape" for you all on this blog is so much easier and way more fun! No more running out of tape and only getting half of a song and than having to flip the tape to get the last half of the song here. I Love Technology!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Let's see, why these songs you say? 1) I just love the Avett Brothers. Have I mentioned that lately? 2) I love finding music to run to and I think this one is a keeper. 3)Just a great song. 4)I love Nickel Creek and this song makes me want to learn the ukulele. 5)This is one of my favorite hymns and to hear it done so uniquely and simple makes it even more beautiful. 6)Um, this song is the reason that "Learning to play the xylophone" is on my bucket list. I would have to say that the xylophone would be a fun instrument to learn...a little random, but fun. 7)Bobby McFerrin=Genius! 8) Another good song from a great band.

2 comments:

jamie said...

can't wait to listen. Oh and I LOVE True Romance. I've been planning on putting that song on a playlist soon. Great choice. :)

Jessie Lewis said...

I do enjoy your Avett Brothers, perhaps I'll join the 21st century and add songs to my music library.