Monday, August 23, 2010

My First Hoodie

I went through a huge sewing funk a few weeks ago. It didn't matter how big my project pile was getting, I just did not have it in me to pull out all my sewing gear and get to work. I told Ty that I wasn't going to buy anymore patterns til I started finishing my projects that I had already started. That still wasn't motivating me into action the way I was hoping. That is until I stumbled across the Heidi and Finn Etsy site. I was drooling over so many of their patterns and knew that I needed them immediately. But I stayed true to my word and knocked out so many of my unfinished projects so that I could splurge and buy more patterns. I'm so glad that I did because I really want to make This Hoodie for Elsie in time for our big family trip in September.
So here is Elsie sporting her first hoodie:

I think that smile means she loves it. Poor girl had to model a stuffy hoodie when it is 100+ degrees outside and very humid. But she didn't seem to mind.
I think I am more in love with the lining fabric than anything else. I have been eyeing this fabric for years but never really had the perfect project for it. Another reason to love this pattern.

Oh and bonus, this pattern can be for a boy or a girl, how much do I love that?

6 comments:

Angela said...

super cute jill. I love it. The inside fabric is perfect and I love the buttons. SOOO CUTE! now it just has to get cool!

Cheri said...

Love it! Where did you get this pattern? I'd love to make some for my girls!

Anonymous said...

Love the hoodie - so cute and perfect for our little Elsie Pie! You are such a great seamstress Jill and getting better with each project.

And by the way, JIll, is my daughter and she made me the cutest, most fabulous purse ever!!. We had fun shopping for the fabric (in the home decor section), nice trim, stylish, great for travel and the details are quality plus!! Thanks Jilly Beans.

You need to post it for all to see.

MOM

Mitzi Beal said...

I agree with your mom, please post more projects. You are my idol. I can't believe your amazing skills!

Brimhall Designs said...

Jill, Really cute! I still need to learn how to read a pattern. I was going to make pj shorts for Dallin and passed it onto my mom to make, and its still just sitting there! One of these days I'll learn! Great job though, I love it!

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love the lining as well. You are amazing. What a great little model you have too.