One of the perks of living in Arkansas is that we know people who have farms. They have horses, goats, chickens and cows! And they let you bring your kiddos over so that they can "play" (really, it was more like terrorize) their animals.
Elsie loves animals. She chases our neighbors cat all over the cul-de-sac. She points out every bird. She will ask to go on car rides and look for horses and cows. And every time she sees an animal she always says, in her cutest baby voice, "OH!!! Tute kitty cat." Or, "Oh, tute chicken." It's really darling.
We got invited the other day by a lady from our church to see her farm. I was so excited to see Elsie's reaction. I thought she would be timid at first and would be a little scared of the goats but that was not the case at. The second I took her out of the car, she was off chasing the dogs and when we got in the goat/chicken pen, she was clearing out the chicken coop. It was pretty funny. Even the lady commented on her exuberance. Here are some pics of our day:
I'm very surprised that the chickens and the rooster didn't attack Elsie. She really was so excited to be there.
I love this last picture of Elsie's friend, Clara. This cute little baby goat thought her shirt was too delicious to pass up.
There is something so calming about being in the middle of the country. I didn't want to leave. As we were driving back, I was telling my friend that I don't know the first thing about owning horses but I would want to own horses if I lived out there just because they look so beautiful being part of the landscape.
I hope that lady invites us back soon. Or at least after her animals recover from our visit.
Friday, April 15, 2011
On The Farm
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
How cute. I too love the peaceful feeling on a farm, or out in the country, like that is where I am meant to be... Although I dobt know the first thing about running a farm... It must be in my blood. These pictures are adorable and I bet Elsie is just a blast to watch chasing around those chickens.
I love it - the photos and the story-telling. So fun!! Oh how I wish.......... (you know the rest)
MOM
Post a Comment