Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nose Kisses


I should be posting about our awesome trip with our good friends, The Pickett's, but I'm not. I should be sleeping because I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, but I'm not. I should at least be doing the dishes since they are overflowing, but I'm not. I wanted to post a little something about Elsie instead so that I don't forget some of her more precious moments.

The other night I taught her about Eskimo kisses but she calls them, Nose Kisses. It has turned into one of my most favorite things. I say, "Can I have a nose kiss?" And then we rub our noses together. Then she will ask for a "cheek kiss" and we will rub our cheeks together. Then she will ask for a "hair kiss" and we will rub our heads together. I got home tonight from a meeting and Ty had taught her to chin kiss and to lip kiss, which is just a regular kiss. It melts my heart every time.

Yesterday, Elsie was sitting on my lap and she head butted me pretty good right on my nose. Ty was on the other side of the room and he even heard my nose crack from the hit. She wasn't phased by it at all but I have been nursing a pretty good headache and I am feeling quite a bit of sinus pressure. Ty assures me that my nose is not broken, THANK GOODNESS. But tonight I was telling Elsie that she needed to be gentle with my nose when we would do "nose kisses" because my nose hurt. She immediately suggested that we put a band aid on my nose. I tried to explain that it was an owie that a band-aid was not going to fix and all on her own, she kissed my nose. It was so sweet and it really did make my nose feel better. I love how tender her heart is.

And I had to add this last picture because it caught a very classic Elsie moment. This is her saying, "I'll be right back." Which has to say while pointing at me. It cracks me up because she says it so matter of factly (Factly? Is that a word?).

5 comments:

Brimhall Designs said...

What a doll! I love that her hair is starting to get so dark. She is such a cutie, and I love your gorgeous flowers!

Ju said...

Jill, that is so sweet! You have a little angel! I love these pics too.

Beka said...

ugh! Jill- sorry about your nose- those are the worst!!!

Elsie looks so grown up & i'm so jealous of your tulips- they look amazing!!!

miss you guys- is it just me or are you ready for another relaxing day at CocoCay:)??!!

Marilee said...

Next you should teach her butterfly kisses :)

Lindsay Adams said...

I almost didn't recognize Elsie, she's so big! Don't you just love those special moments?! They're my favorite things to blog about.