Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Leave of Absense

Wow,it has been a long time...okay maybe only a week but that feels like a long time to go without blogging. Poor Elsie has had a rough few weeks. Within a matter of a few days she got a nasty cold and her two top teeth came in. Than, just this week, the cold only got worse and one more tooth decided to make an appearance. With Ty having finals this week and still trying to get settled in, I was going out of my mind and was trying everything to get my happy baby back. A big thanks to everyone who answered my phone calls and gave me suggestions on how to take care of her congestion and fevers and for letting me borrow things (Maren, the humidifier was a life saver...thank you sooo much for letting me borrow it)! Today, after a long medical leave, my happy, sweet, content baby is back! And just in time to receive an adorable present from my good friend Christie.
Yesterday, Christie stopped by and gave Elsie this adorable onesie and pair of shoes!

If you go to this post you can find a free tutorial if you ever want to make some of your own. Seriously, they are the best things to make with you left over fabric scrapes and are just too stinkin cute!!! Thank you Christie, for thinking of Elsie and making her her very own set. She is so thrilled about her new outfit, can't you tell?

Than I went a little picture happy and got these pics so that you can see her toothy grin...she has the biggest gap between her two upper teeth, it makes Ty and I laugh all the time. I keep hoping her teeth will just be really big once they come all the way in but the gap is a little too big...those teeth would have to be REALLY large for that to happen.

And than here are just a few more that make me smile!

7 comments:

Alison said...

What a doll!!! She is so cute.

I hate that I haven't met her yet!

Anonymous said...

Finally, new pics of our cutie pie!! I love seeing all of our grandchildren on the web if not in person. I want to hold her and Olivia and hug them so much. Those two front teeth aren't that bad. She'll be fine - maybe a Madonna look-alike? MOM

Ju said...

Very cute!!!

The Cannons said...

That was a very clever idea and it looks good too. Elsie has the most beautiful eyes.
Mitzi

RatalieNose said...

Oh Jilly that last one is PRICELESS!!!!

Stephanie said...

She is just darling and getting so big!

Maren said...

It's like mini-you smiling back at me. Jill your girl is just precious. Jason said the other day after playing with her how cute he thought she was. Let's hope she has an inner crafty craftersons that will blossom over the years.