I haven't had a chance to hook up our internet so I am stealing my neighbors wireless feed but I need a break from unpacking and thought I would blog about being back in Mesa. Yesterday, after all the boxes and furniture were moved in, after our dear neighbors made sure we were set for dinner today and another set of friends came by and brought us yummy Chipotle for dinner for that night, Ty and I just sat at our table and said, "We are home."
Sure, we now live in a one bedroom condo that we will share with our little Elsie, but it feels like home.
Sure, we don't have a whole lot of storage space and are becoming very creative about how and where we put things, but its home.
Sure, we live in the ghetto, but it is home.
Sure, we don't have a yard to let Marley roam around in and I have to take her out, but its home.
When we left for Yuma a year a half ago, I never thought we would be back in our condo but our hearts never left this area and this ward, it has always been home.
Today in church, we were surrounded by familiar faces and knew people's names and they knew us. The primary children stood up to sing a song and two little girls kept trying to get their parent's attention and would mouth and point, "The Manning's are here." It was hilarious!
Our "laundry room" is now a closet, our "garage" is also a closet, the "nursery" is one half of our room and the other half is the "master bedroom." Our dinning room is really just the same as our living room and our "yard" is a 25x35 patch of grass that we share with the surrounding units, but this is all okay because it is home!!
We couldn't be more thrilled to be back here and so close to our amazing friends that we have and to be a part of the Stewart Ward once again. Its great to be home!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Move 5.0
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
you know what this means... right?
you need to email me your address. glad i write in pencil! *ha ha*
welcome home mannings!!!
we are so glad you are back too:)!!
YOU'RE BACK IN THE WARD?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JILL I JUST THOUGHT YA'LL WERE VISTING! BUT OMG YOU'RE BACK I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW ALL I AHVE TO DO IS CONVINCE BISHOP TO PUT YOU IN YOUNG WOMENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH JILLY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HAPPY I AM! YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!
Like charity a positive attitude, creativity and gratitude "never faileth". This post exudes all of them. You a sweet wonderful daughter and you married a solid terrific man!!! I want to thank everyone in the Steaward Ward for making the Manning's feel so welcome and loved. We hope to meet all of you soon.
"Jilly Beans" MOM - because she's worth a "jillion"
I am so excited to have you back too! I just don't have that obvious, out-there excitement that Natalie has...but believe me, we are excited too. :)
Post a Comment