We don't have room for our nightstands in our room anymore and I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a solution to our spacially challenged master bedroom. Than I found this tutorial and thought, "Self, you can do this. This is totally within you sewing ability." So off to Joanns I went in search for fabric that would perfect in our room. In the home decor section I found it and while watching 90210 and The Biggest Loser, I finished a pair of bed pockets.
I am in love with how they turned out and with the fabric. I can fit my book light (right now it is a huge mag lite but I will downsize when I can get to the bookstore) and Gone With The Wind (a 1000 page book). Ty is excited because he can put his gun in his. Have I mentioned lately that I married a closet red neck? Yuma brought it out in him and he can't suppress it like he used to. He wants me to get him this but a girl has to put her foot down at some point.
They really are super easy to make if you are looking for a simple yet fun solution to making a home for you books but can't squeeze in a night stand.
Here's another pic to get a closer look at it:
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Bed Pocket
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
I have seen these for chairs but not for a bed. I definitely am going to do this. And here's a thought for your gun issue.... my daughter lovvvvvves purses and her husband loves guns. He finally told her (after many comments about his guns) that for every purse she bought he would get to buy a new gun.... so far they are 0 for 0...
That's awesome!! Great job Jill, the fabric looks so great too!! I should do something like this for my kids beds... I bet they would love it!! And no worries, my husband loves guns just as much. I think it has something to do with protecting his family... so I'm sure there is nothing to worry about :o)
OMG Jilly you're soooo talented! I'm sooo jealous!!!
stop it with the creativity. You KILL me. love it. LOVE IT.
now, make me a set :)
That is so neat! You did such a great job! I might have to try that just because I like the way yours looks so much!
Uh...remind Benn to never run in and surprise Ty in his bed - (we both know he would!). Just kidding. Jill, you are a genius! (okay, I just misspelled genius twice, what does that say??) You are like the female MacGyver - you can think of and make anything!!
Jill, Its Jen Mason i has been so long since we have talked. Elsie is adorable. That is awesome you are back in Stewart ward. we miss it tons. We need to chat. Love, Jen
Post a Comment