Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CO Trip!


Since Ty was heading off to D.C. for a class and was going to be educated on business and government policy, Elsie and I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Brimhall in Colorado! It was one of the best trips ever. Here are some of the high lights and pictures to give you an idea of just how fantastic it was!

*Elsie and I got to sleep in separate rooms. Oh how glorious it was to have my good sleeper back and to have her sleep until 8:30 or 9 and I could put her down for a nap and be worried that I would wake her up if I took a shower. The night we got back home, she woke up at 6:30. She did not waste anytime falling back into bad habits.
*We saw that Elsie grew two of her molars while we were there. That would explain why she was so sick the week before. That makes a grand total of 10 teeth in her little mouth. She is pretty amazing!
*I made three separate trips to Joanns and the same lady helped me at the cutting counter all three times. It was a little embarrassing.
*I got to help my very talented sister-in-law make a super adorable Buttercup bag.
*The weather! Oh my goodness, it was terrific. Elsie, my mom and and I would spend at least two hours every morning in the yard playing with toys and just enjoying the perfect weather. Elsie loved being outside!

*Every evening, all three of us would go for a walk around the neighborhood and I would tell my mom stories about every house that I had been in. When you live in the same neighborhood from the 2nd grade up to senior year, you have a lot of stories. My mom was a trooper to listen.
*Every night I would watch a movie and work on a sewing project using my mom's very vintage Bernina sewing machine. I felt very unworthy to be using it.

*Seeing Elsie play with her cousins, Dallin and Ethan. The boys were so cute with her and even though they Elsie would scream whenever they got to close or tried to take a toy, they looked past it and kept trying to include her. Maybe Elsie was just insecure that her cousin who is a month younger than her could already crawl and stand.

*Seeing one of my best friends, Laurel and hanging out with her for a whole day! I'm always exhausted after I spend time with her because we laugh the whole time we are together!!! She is the best!


*Seeing my best friend from college, Lesley, and her super handsome little boy, Drew. We already discussed Elsie and Drew's wedding plans.

*Watching my mom and Elsie together. Elsie didn't stop smiling the whole time we were there and when I would go get Elsie from a nap, she would immediately look for Grandma. She could care less about me!
*Some of the elders from my Dad's mission came for dinner while I was there and it was so fun watching my Dad interact with them. They all had inside jokes and it was so funny to watch my Dad say something and than all of them would start laughing and talk at the same time but couldn't say anything because they were laughing too hard. It was really great to see that.
It truly was a great trip and I am so glad that I was able to go. I kept saying all week that my parents must have done something right and are doing something right when their kids always want to come home and never want to leave once they are there! It was so true for me this week!!

9 comments:

Jessie Lewis said...

What a fun relaxing trip for you! I'm glad it was so great. I'm envious that you got to enjoy such nice weather. Maddie and I went to the mall today just so she could play in the play area; nice and air conditioned.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tribute dear daughter (our Jilly Beans)! It was fun having you and Elsie home with us. Every day became more and more delightful in many ways and for many reasons. Please come again soon - we miss you and our little "Elsie Pie". Oh, and next time we hope to see Ty too. MOM

Beka said...

what a great trip- it looks so pretty and green there too:) family trips are the best, but i'm glad you came back, it just wouldnt be the same without you here! i just LOVE those smiling pics of Elsie- she is SOOO stinking cute! cant wait to see her big smiles in real life!!

Jandi said...

What a fun trip, Jill! I love family trips! Elsie is so darling!

RatalieNose said...

Oh Jilly, how I love you! You're the best and I'm so glad you're back in our ward!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I look at this post multiple times because I love looking at Elsie's big grin!!!! She makes me laugh with that darling smile of hers!!!! Nothing could be finer - MOM

Ju said...

What a fun trip home! And Elsie is just too darn cute for her own good!! :o)

oretta said...

Jill, this is why I am heading to Canada this summer for a few weeks. I love to go home to mom and just relax and let the kids go crazy. Funny how we can't wait to leave home as kids, and then we run back as many times as we can when we are adults.

Pierce Family said...

Looks like you had a great time at home! Elsie is a cutie. I just love her smile. I too sometimes see a resemblance between her and Kinsley.