A few weeks ago my Mom came to visit for a very quick trip to the Valley and while she was here, we took a stroll down Main St in Mesa. There are some cute little boutiques on Main St. that we walked through, just to enjoy the eye candy and maybe spoil Elsie with something adorable and boutique-y. As it turned out, I was the one that walked away spoiled! One of the shops had the most adorable Heather Bailey and Amy Butler fabric. Stuff I had been eyeing on the Internet for months but never had the funds to actually purchase the stuff, nor the perfect project for it. But when my mom saw my face light up over the fabric, she says I was practically drooling over the stuff, she knew she had to help a girl out and buy me some. That fabric sat neatly folded up on my counter for weeks, waiting patiently for me to find a project worthy of them and for me to gain the courage to actually cut it up. And than, the perfect project appeared in the form of the Funked Out Apron by Lila Tueller. 
I knew it that the marriage of this apron and my Heather Bailey fabric would be divine! I couldn't wait to get started on it and show my Mom what I became of the fabric. So here it is Mom!
I love how vibrant Heather Bailey's colors are in her fabrics, especially her reds and yellows. I am thinking of making a little bias tape out of the green material and placing it at the bottom of the ruffle to tie it all together better, but other than that, I LOVE this apron. The shape is wonderful and the ties are soooo long, I love it when you can tie your ties in the front. And to be honest, it was a very easy apron to make and fun too! Overall, a success and yet another apron that I don't mind staying home all day for. Thanks Mom for spoiling me, you are the greatest!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
The Funked Out Apron
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
12:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Cute apron!! I was thinking of you yesterday when I went to cut one of my peonies off my bush. Your wedding bouquet introduced me to peonies so I planted them two years ago as a small bulb and this is the first year that they have blossomed. I love the look and smell of them. Thanks
SO CUTE!
Lots of love from Nat to Jilly!
Where were you today?? (sunday)
That looks really cute. My friend has that pattern. It is really adorable.
I've been waiting for the final product - it is the cutest apron ever!!! It was fun to spoil you too!! I love shopping with my daughters - it is a real joy for me.
MOM
i canNOT stand how much I love that apron.
and love YOU in it.
Too cute.
Post a Comment