
My friend Maren texted me on Tues and wanted to know if I wanted to get together with a bunch of people and go see the midnight showing of Harry Potter. I have always wanted to go to a midnight showing for a movie and what a better movie to see. Well, Maren and I learned just naive we were about the great lengths that true Harry Potter fans go to in order to be a part of the midnight showings. Every single one was sold out! BUT, there was one theater showing at 3:15am. I told Maren and we both just laughed and I continued to look for more midnight showings. I called Maren back and said, "So, I'm willing to go to the 3:15 one if others are willing to go with me." It was made known to me once again why Maren and I are friends, she was all for it! So, at 2:00, there we were with Jenny M, Jen G, and other crazed Harry Potter fans waiting to get into the theater. We busted out the candy, the caffeine and games and had a great time. Note to self, do not attempt to play trivia games at 2:30 in the morning.
This picture shows exactly at what time the delirium set in.
Once we got inside we really lucked out because we were able to bi-pass all the people going into the HUGE 600 seat theater and go into the other unknown and smaller theater and got amazing seats and only had to share the theater with 50 other people. It was awesome!
The movie...I loved it. I know there are some out there who don't like it. They didn't stick to the book 100% but I like what they did with it. I was entertained and said right afterwards, "Let's stay and watch it again." I can't believe I have to wait till 2010 to see the next one.
As we were walking out of the theater at 6:00 (we went in when it was dark and came out as it was getting light again, kind of a weird feeling), there were TV crews interviewing people. One station snagged us and started asking us how we liked the movie and commented on how we were not the typical 14 year old movie goer. He also appreciated that I had a empty Rockstar can in one hand and large Diet Coke in the other. I was wired all morning, looong after the movie ended. We were one TV. I wasn't able to record it and they didn't put it on their website, but really you aren't missing anything. I looked like a complete moron. Note to self: Do not allow yourself to be on TV...EVER!!!
Overall, it was a good time and I can't wait to do it again! Thanks girls for the adventure and the great memories! Harry Potter 2010 anyone?
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Harry Potter Mania!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
11:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
OH, I would have gone with you and wouldn't even had to think about the 3:00AM. Hopefully we will get in tomorrow night. Can't wait.
LOVE midnight showings!!! I wanted to go to HP so bad!!! But I''m still stuck in ChinaTown. LOVE that you got on TV!!1
Jilly you're my fave!!!
Awesome! that must have been so fun.
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad they took some artistic license and moved from the book a tiny bit. I think the first two movies (sorry but I do) suck because they tried to recreate the book instead of make it into a good movie.
I'm glad to hear you liked it. Maybe someday I'll get to go see it............
not likely any time soon.
I love that you went! A little jealous but so glad to hear that you liked it.
I cannot wait to see this movie!! We have plans to see it next monday... I'm not sure I can wait that long!! How fun to be able to go see it with a bunch of friends. Love your rockstar picture. :o)
I went with the kids and I liked it too. I am reading the last book again because I left wanting more. I loved how they put humor into the movie.
Post a Comment