
Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted anything. Sorry about that. I have been meaning to put up a post about our last date night that we had. A couple of months ago some friends of ours from Yuma told us that they were going to be in the valley to see Wicked and that we should join them. The timing was perfect since we were still reeling from our Les Mis experience. Of course we wanted to see Wicked. Okay, really it was me that really wanted to and Ty had no idea what it was but loves Broadway plays so he was game. Last Sat. we joined our good friends and went to the matinee showing it was amazing!! There is a lot of hype surrounding this play and I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be able to live up to it all but holy cow...did it ever!!! If you ever have the opportunity to see this play and especially if you love broadway musicals, you have to see this one! There were several songs, Defying Gravity for example, that when it ended I gasped and got all goose bumpily and turned to Ty and said, "Again. I want to see that again." That happened several more times throughout the show. I love broadway shows! I started looking for some small dinner theater productions in the valley to see what shows are playing. I saw that someone is putting on Forever Plaid. 
That brought back some memories. I remember going to see that one with my mom (do you remember mom?) when I was younger and being so entertained. She bought me the soundtrack and I listened to that tape (yep, we are going back to the days of cassette tapes) over and over again! My mom spoiled me with broadway shows, I can't believe how many I have seen because of her. Can't remember if I ever thanked you but if not, THANKS MOM!!! Maybe I can convince Ty to go with me again, that would be fantastic.
After the show we all went and ate at Cafe Rio, yummy!!! What a perfect end to a perfect show!! We haven't stopped listening to the soundtrack!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Wicked is totally wicked!!!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
I believe wicked to be a true inspiration. The story, the music...inspired by humans, with something important to say.
We love the theater... and Forever Plaid is in our neck of the woods... if you decide to go, let me know if you'd like to double.
Oh, and sometimes you can get two for one tickets to that theater.
Wicked is one of my top three faves! I must convert Trent next time it is in town.
Oh how I LOVE Wicked!!!!
It's pretty much AMAZING!!!
Defying Gravity...ooo I get chills just thinking about it!!!
I LOOOOOOVE BROADWAY SHOWS!!!!! Can never get enough of them!!! And Forever Plaid is definitely one Ty would enjoy. I do remember our night out together. I only wish we could do it again like the good ole days!! Your Broadway enthusiasm makes the experience even better.
MOM
Hi Jill! SO I'm back in Puerto Rico and finally got the time to check out your blogs. Love the apron blog. If you're ever up for doing a trade for baby hair accessories let me know :)my email is wtrbaby6@hotmail.com
Post a Comment