Sunday, May 23, 2010




I have actually remembered to have my camera around for some of our weekly adventures and I thought it would be fun to share them with you all.
Since summer is creeping upon us, it is getting way too hot to go to zoo which was my favorite thing to do each week. So last week I decided to spoil Elsie for one last hurrah at the zoo until fall comes back. By spoiling I mean, we got to feed the giraffes. I think this may have been more for me than for Elsie but she thought it was pretty cool too. I was happy that I got to meet up with my friend Stef and her little man Christian so that we could help each other take photos. It was a good time and I am more convinced that giraffes are one of the the coolest animals around. Have you ever seen one run? It really is so beautiful and graceful. After the feeding I took Elsie to ride to the carousel for the first time. We tried it once at the mall and she HATED it. But she is always pointing to it as we walk by (very well played by the zoo designers) and I really wanted to ride it so we went for it. She was gripping that pole so hard but really did love it. So much so that she threw quite a tantrum when I pulled her away. That's always a good sign that she enjoyed herself right?
Elsie has discovered that she loves to climb and one of her favorite climbing spots is our bathroom countertop. She monkies her way on top of the toilet and then over to the counter and than blops right down in the sink and goes exploring. Really she just likes to look at herself in the mirror and laugh. Sometimes she will cry (looking for a sympathy cry in return perhaps?) but mostly, she laughs. I have had to fish several pieces of jewelery from the drain because of this.
I captured some pretty classic Elsie moments this week that I love. In the morning she likes to get right down to it and go through all her toys and this is usually what she looks like even before she has had her milk. PJs? Check. Necklace? Check. Telephone? Check. Bed head? Check. Big goofy grin? Check. Its nice to have someone around who will make you laugh first thing in the morning.
I finished yet another top for Elsie and had a little mini photo shoot outside today. The pattern is one from Oliver + S (of course it is) from Stitch Magazine and I love it. So easy and so cute. I think she looks like a little country bumpkin in it. She needs a cute pair of cowgirl boots. I bought her a little Princess Big Wheel toy the other day ( I love consignment stores) and she is obsessed with it. It lights up and has all sorts of buttons for her to push and she gets to chase Marley around with it. This little one is in heaven.
Poor Elsie has had a double ear infection for a few weeks now (she was so chill through it all I didn't realize until much later that she might actually be sick...I'm a horrible mom sometimes) and had not been sleeping well through the night at all. I am so happy that we got her some antibiotics and she is on the mend and sleeping like the little champ that she has always been and doing great. Thank goodness for good pediatricians and good meds (we switch peds a few months ago and am so happy with our new one that I feel like I can say that honestly now).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a very happy grandma. I got to see more of our "Elsie Pie" in photos. However, it sure will be nice to see her in person in a few weeks and smother her with kisses. What a darling little girl - you captured the moments perfectly!!

Marilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilee said...

Hi Jill,
I was wondering if I could get your address? I don't know if I have a current email or mailing address so could I get those?
Marilee

bassm@byui.edu