Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our 5th Anniversary

A couple weekends ago, Ty planned a big date for our 5 year anniversary. I mean he planned it all; right down to the babysitter. I was so impressed and so excited for everything that he had planned, especially the very secretive present that he had for me. We don't usually get each other presents for our anniversary, so when he was telling me a had a killer present for me my interest was piqued! So our night consisted of pedicures (I warned him that I was going to blog about it...by the way, he loved it), dinner at Caffe Boa (so yummy! Its in Tempe off of Mill if anyone is looking for a great restuarant to eat at). And than we walked along Tempe Town Lake. It was while we were on our walk that Ty asked, "So do you know where they house the rowing boats?" I pointed to a spot that I thought looked right and he said, "Well we better find out because I got you rowing lessons." OH MY GOSH!!! I was beyond excited. I was supposed to get rowing lessons back in 2007 for my graduation from ASU but than we moved to Yuma and I couldn't get them. Just a few months ago I completely gave up on the idea of ever learning to row because it just didn't seem to fit into our lives. If you need a reminder about how much I have been dying to take rowing lessons, read THIS POST from a few years ago.
Well, this morning I had my first rowing lesson and I. AM. IN. LOVE!!! Ty was joking around beforehand and said, "What if you hate it?" Not a chance! I was a total mess out there and had a hard time relaxing because I was so afraid of flipping the boat but those few times I got the technique right and sped across that water...wow, it was awesome! My instructor was so great and would stand up in his little motorized boat and wave his arms in the air whenever I did a good stroke and cheered me on.
I've just been on cloud 9 all day that I'm finally getting a chance to do something that I have been dying to do for so long. Seriously, I know that Ty sacrificed a lot to make these lessons possible and they did not come cheap and so I feel so blessed that I married someone who wants to see me achieve my goals and supports me in my all the crazy things that I want to do. Ty is already envisioning Elsie being on a row team and taking family trips to see her compete when she is older. I think that would be pretty awesome as well.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So awesome! I hope we get a picture of these lessons sometime. And happy anniversary!

Alison said...

Happy Anniversary! And congrats on the lessons... what a fun thing and what a great guy to go about making the lessons happen. :-)

Ju said...

Happy Anniversary! And those rowing lessons sound awesome. Yay for incredibly awesome husbands!

Delia D'Nell said...

best husband ever! Congrats on 5 years and the rowing lessons!

Brimhall Designs said...

That is awesome! I am glad you are enjoying the lessons. you need to get a picture of you rowing!

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful husband you have. Happy 5 years! Can't wait to hear more about your rowing! Go Jill!