We have never really been big celebrators of Valentines Day. Ty proposed to me on Feb. 12th just so we wouldn't be one of a million other couples getting engaged on Valentine's Day. We kind of celebrate the 12th more than we do the 14th. I like it better that way. But now that we have Elsie, it was kind of fun to make the day a little bit more special for her as well. And I played the roll of a good wife and made some Valentines for Ty's co-workers.
When I saw this idea on my sister, Angela's Blog, I knew I had to make these for something...someone! Elsie and her friends weren't going to appreciate them but Ty's co-workers would. So, there you go! You can find the instructions Here. They are so simple and so brainless...perfect! One thing I did different, I used Rollos instead of Peanut Butter Cups. The Rollos are a little bit smaller and looked better proportionally, I think at least. I don't think anyone cares one way or the other, they are both very delightful candies to chow down on.
For Elsie, I made this little bag for her.
I got the tutorial from Momtastic and it is super simple and quick. I was actually quite surprised by how quick of a project it is. I just wish I had mastered the art of heart making as a kid because it took me several attempts to get some half decent looking hearts.
I filled it with some of Elsie's favorite candy; Sweet Tarts and Tootsie Rolls. To be honest, she would love any kind of candy but I can't not have candy in the house because I will eat it all by myself in one night (I have a bit of a sweet tooth) so I put candy in the bag that I knew wouldn't tempt me too badly. I can't stand Sweet Tarts and I feel pretty guiltless about a few Tootsie Rolls. Its a win/win. I also bought her a magnet Toy Story game which Elsie snatch out of the bag as quick as a ninja. Ty and I were dying over how quick she was.
Since it was FHE also, we tried to teach her about love. Pretty much we just ended up giving each other hugs. Even Marley got in on the action.
Overall, I feel like Valentine's Day was as success and I can't til next year to try some other fun ideas that I found throughout the blogging world.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Our Valentines Day
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment