Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Raid This February 2011

Wow, it has been a long time since I have updated the blog and an even longer time since I have shared some of the songs that have been on constant repeat on my iPod these days.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I am loving Florence and the Machine right now! I debated which version of Dog Days Are Over to put on the playlist; Florence's or the version from Glee but I stuck with Florence. Althought, Glee did such a fab job with it. I feel that I have to put up a huge disclaimer on her other song, Kiss With A Fist. I'm not an advocate for domestic violence in any way/shape/form, and I don't think Florence is either (we are on a first name basis, its cool). But this song is a great song to run to, it pretty much rocks.
I have been a huge fan of Mumford and Sons for a long time now and was so happy to see them perform on the Grammys with my other #1 band, The Avett Brothers. I love them! And then to watch them both with Bob Dylan, it was just...awesome!
The Girl from City & Colour is such a sweet song. I secretly want Ty to learn it on the guitar and sing it all day long.
There is one artist that I couldn't really find on Playlist.com that I am really loving, Mindy Gledhill. I love finding music that isn't necessarily gospel oriented (although she started as an LDS singer) but is uplifting, you can have a good time listening to it and I'm not embarrassed if my child learns the words to it. Mindy's new CD covers all those things. Thank you, Mindy!!! I haven't stopped listening to her new album, Anchor for the past two months, I love it!!! Go check her out on iTunes, especially the songs,
All The Pennies
Hourglass
Crazy Love
And support artists who write and perform good quality music.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I heart Mindy too. She sings brooke to sleep at night. And I saw Amos Lee open for Norah Jones a few years ago. I've loved him ever since. I'll have to try your other suggestions too! Miss you!