Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Greatest Sport on Earth!


I am on cloud nine right now because I just got back from my very first NHL hockey game. Danny and Beka (our friends from our ward) got some tickets for the coyotes vs avalanche game that was supposed to be tonight. Well, when we got to the entrance of the arena the usher told us that our tickets are for next week. The coyotes were playing the Anaheim Ducks (aka the Mighty Ducks). It was hilarious. Danny had stayed in the parking lot to scalp the other tickets and actually sold three of them thinking that they were for tonights game. We were able to upgrade the tickets and get some pretty nice seats for the game and it was awesome! Sadly, there weren't any fights on the rink but the coyotes won which made it a really good game. Another perk for the night was when Danny gave us some club seat tickets that he got from his boss. He told us to go get the free food buffet and hang out in the VIP club lounge for a while. It was really nice of him to do that since each ticket is worth $175. The buffet was amazing and they had an ice cream bar and chocolate fountain buffet...it was heaven! Beka and I were reveling in the fact that we both love the Mighty Duck movies and we would start quaking in memory of the movies and I was just waiting for the ducks to form the Flying V formation and release the Bash Brothers. It never happened, but you can't blame a girl for trying. Overall, it was a fabulous night and I am down with seeing some more NHl games. Thanks Beka and Danny for a fun and memorable night!

1 comment:

Delia D'Nell said...

I am glad that you loved the game. Hockey is my favorite sport of all time...I love all the SMASHING!