Saturday, June 14, 2008

Florida Family Reunion!!!


Wow, it has taken me a while to post about our trip to Florida but that is because I had to sift through all the pictures that were taken and get myself organized back in to the swing of things. That is the hardest part about going on vacation (especially when you are surrounded by family) is getting back into normal life.
We had a blast for the whole week and my sister-in-law, Beckie did an amazing job planning the whole thing. Half the family stayed at her house and the other half stayed at her neighbor's house so we were able to save BIG time on accommodations. This was my first time in Florida and I fell in love with it. The weather was perfect (it was just starting to get humid and hot and I didn't mind a bit, it felt great), and it is so lush a green. The only sand I saw the whole time was at the beach, where it belongs! I have decided that I could live in a state that doesn't have four seasons if it is as beautiful as Florida is. And the fact that you are so close to the beach there, is a total bonus!!!!
Here are some pics to document the good times we had!

The water was soooooo warm and there was this awesome sand bar just a few yards from the beach that made for some good boogey boarding. I love the water and the beach, I was in heaven!!!!

Here we are at the lazy river and this was a blast. I think this was my favorite thing that we did just because it was soooo much fun. The water looks like it is covered in green stuff but really it is just so clear you can see right to the bottom and the green is the plants on the bottom. The water was so refreshing too. The little kids has a blast playing the river and looking for shark teeth (or at least that is what we told them that is what they were).

These are some of my sister-in-laws...Michelle, me, Oretta and Ann. I have been blessed some pretty amazing in laws!

The family through me a baby shower and that was a lot of fun. My sister-in-law, Lacey did a fabulous job with the games and getting the kids involved...even the teenage boys played! It was so much fun and I got really the spoiled! The best part was opening up the gift that the baby blessing dress that my mother-in-law made for Elsie. It is beautiful and I can't wait for her to wear it and keep it forever!

We also spent the day at Sea World and that was awesome! I am still convinced that some day I will be a whale trainer. I absolutely get so enthralled by th animals and how lucky those trainers are to be playing with them. I wish I could say that I cried because of the hormones but that would be a lie...I cry every time I see one of those shows! I just want to be the trainer so badly!



I can't wait for the Manning Reunion 2010!!!

4 comments:

RatalieNose said...

oh jilly you are such a nerd!!! which is why i love you!!!! looks like SOOO MUCH FUN!!!! (btw i cry about everything and im not even pregnant!!!)
o also btw you are the HOTTEST PREGO GIRL EVER!!!

Alison said...

Jill - you look awesome! And it sounds like a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

What a fun renunion!!! Everyone looks like they had a blast.

Benn said...

My highlight of the reunion was giving you a Manning Family hairy chest sandwich, which happened right after the picture of the four of us on the sandbar. I'm sticking out my stomach just for the picture by the way.