Ty and I started a little garden a little while back and it has been so much fun going outside every day to see how our little plants are doing. Our sugar snap peas are doing awesome!!! Our tomatoes are doing really well until we replant them from inside the house to outside, they are a little stunted right now. But our carrots are sprouting and our lettuce hopefully will survive, they started out really strong but don't really seem to know what are expected of them.
But veggies aren't the only thing we are growing around here, Elsie has decided to grow two little teeth of her very own.
This isn't the best shot but how do you get a five month old to show off her teeth? I mean really? I think this explains why she was up every four hours the other night. Poor little thing slept all day yesterday (which worked out great because it gave me time to read a really great book, see post below) and has been a little extra fussy today. But even with two teeth coming through, she has been a pretty happy baby. I really dreaded the whole teething thing but so far she has been pretty good. Can't you tell how happy she is?
She also got her first hair cut the other day. Ty got really fed up with her old man hairline in the back and decided it was time to get the clippers out and shave it off. I was against it but it has grown on me and it is nice that she doesn't have a mullet anymore.
And than it was time to introduce her to rice cereal. It is times like these that I really wish we had a camcorder. Her first reaction was priceless! But now she likes it and does pretty well. Some of the food actually stays in her mouth and it hasn't gone up her nose in a while. I just love when she sticks her whole fist in her mouth right after I put in a big spoonful of cereal, that is really fun to clean up afterwards. But you have to laugh and have a good time when she looks this cute!
I love this last one, it looks like she is is rubbing her belly and saying, "mmmm!"
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Oh, the things we grow
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
My oh my..........a garden sprouting, teeth growing, digesting rice cereal, rubbing a contented belly, gorgeous, sparkly eyes and smile...........it's so much fun to show and tell and me to see!!! Love the photos of our beautiful "Elsie Pie"!!!! MOM
Love the pics of Elsie...but I'll be honest. I'm still stuck on the jealousy that you are GROWING A GARDEN right now...while I just returned from SHOVELING SNOW! (grin)
You're a good mommy, Jill!
Such a cute cute little girl!!!
Those are just the cutest pictures! She is get so big!!
She is a cutie. Makes me think back to my days when the kids were little. Enjoy it!!
Post a Comment