I get home from Bunko night last night completely wound up. Not only because I had one too many refills of Diet Coke way too late at night, or because I won a free eye brow waxing, but because I was with some of the funniest and craziest girls I know. I always drive home afterwards giggling and smiling because of things that were said or things that people did. It is always a good time. So I decided I would make an apron to pass the time and to get me tired. Well, 3 am rolled around and I was just barely beginning to get tired but with the end product, it was so worth staying up for. This is the Lilly Apron and I am in love...again!! I have already made two of these aprons for friends but when I found this argyle fabric I just knew this one was going to be mine!!! Polka dots, argyle, and pink...be still my heart!!
When I finished this one, I wanted to wear over my p.j.s I didn't want to take it off. I'm tempted to go back to Joanns and buy the whole bolt of this fabric and make oodles of aprons out of it, I can't get over how cute it is! This would be a fun pattern to modify and make a cute smock you could wear over a t-shirt and actually wear out and about. I may start looking into that. Oh what fun!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
The Lilly
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
i LOVE that fabric too Jill, its so cute....you crazy 3 am seamstress!! And i also love making the Lilly b/c it goes sooooo fast and is so cute!!
I love that you were up till 3am working on a project... that sounds so much like me :o) Ha, love it too, so cute... I'll have to find this pattern. I'm making my first apron today... wish me luck. (snowed in here, gotta love oregon, everything is closed down for the day :o)
Very Cute! I love staying up late working on projects. I get some of my best work done in the middle of the night!
I love it love it love it!
I love that too. You make me want to read more and sew more. I want to be like you!
Mitzi
Jilly this is soooo cute and so you! Whenever I see something argyle, I totally think of you! I miss you dude! And I think I spelt argyle wrong! He!
So I can totally see you sitting up at 3 am sewing! It looks great! Way cute fabric. Have a fabulous first Christmas with Elsie. Love ya!
Post a Comment