Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Sweet Lil Dress for a Super Sweet Lil Girl

I found a really fun website called, You Can Make This. Its a website full of e-patterns that you can buy and there a few cute free patterns as well. I like e-patterns because you can buy them, they email you the document and you print it off at home. Anyways, I was browsing and looking at some of the super cute stuff and I discovered this dress/top by Leila and Ben.

Isn't this just adorable. Its called The Sweet Dress, so I kept my eyes open for some cute fabric and make one for my sweet girl. Here it is on the hanger:

And here it is one the model:

Okay so its not the best picture of the dress but my goodness, like I could resist posting this picture of her.
Overall, this dress is the easiest and quickest thing that I have made. EVER!!! I think she is going to be wearing a lot more of these and I just love how it looks with a long sleeve shirt underneath and than when it gets cooler, with leggings. So cute! I'm waiting to sell some more stuff on The Secret Stitch Shop so that I can buy this hat e-pattern by Dainty Designs.

Among many other things, I LOVE this hat. I'm not a big hat person and Elsie never keeps them on but this is too cute to resist and maybe, just maybe, I can get a little photo shoot of her wearing it.

8 comments:

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Cute dress! Is the fabric flannel. I made a rag blanket from some flannel material that looked like that. Those hats are getting popular, at swiss days they had a whole bunch and I bought one for Carley and I. Here is the website of their business. www.caleandco.com
They are adorable

Ju said...

cute cute cute cute cute!! and that picture of her is too precious! She is so happy.

Christie said...

I love it!! Great job Jill. (Crossing my fingers your sweet aprons sell so you can get that hat pattern. It's so cute. I want an adult version!)

Beka said...

Jill- it looks like it fits her perfectly! It turned out so cute ---as all your projects always do:) Good job- and that hat is so adorable- cant wait to see Elsie in that too:) she is so lucky to have such a cute crafty mommy with such good stylish taste!

Anonymous said...

The dress is a perfect "Elsie Pie" dress and her smile is way too contagious - I smile just looking at her - I love her so much!!!

MOM

RussellsRoost said...

Hey Jill!! I found your blog!! What a cute dress!! And super cute picture of Elsie!! You're good!

Maren said...

I wonder if that is the hat pattern that Wendy has?

Jessie Lewis said...

Elsie looked so cute at church in her new dress.