Saturday, November 3, 2007

Flashback Friday!

Flashback Friday has been resurrected, we can thank this trusty little website for that.



For obvious reasons, I hadd to put NSYNC as one of my songs. For those who met me after the obsession died down, I went through a good part of high school and college obsessed with this group and more specifically Justin Timberlake! Oh my goodness, it got a little out of control. My best friend Amy and I were bound and determined to be there number one fans and to meet them. We sent in 2 FANatic videos to MTV, sent them care packages, she flew out to CO to go to one of their concert with me, I took my finals early that semester so that we could stand in line and get good seats (we got 13 rows back on the floor), we had every tv appearance taped, every dance move memorized and every stupid little fact you could imagine about every member; we knew it, I went to 4 of their concerts in CO and chased after their van and followed it to their hotel! I remember driving in the car with my mom one day and listening to their cd (which I listened to so much I wore it out and had to buy another) and teaching my mom the dance to it. That was pretty cool of her, I'll have to test her over Thanksgiving to see if she remembers it.
The second song is just a great old school song. Again, this songs takes me back to visiting my best friend Amy in Seattle and jamming out in her car to this song and thinking we were so cool! Who doesn't get magically swept away to somewhere when they hear this song? I think alot of my songs are going to take me back to driving around Seattle with Amy, we made memories wherever we went!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your obsession all too well. We were a bit worried at times, but all turned out well and you turned out normal after all, plus..... you have some great memories!! And so do I!

The MacMizzles said...

Although I really liked Nsync, I think you have in fact won the contest for the best fan spirit. I love that you guys sent in videos to MTV,,....I wonder if we could get our hands on those now!

Jill Manning said...

I have the pictures that we took while we were making the video and I am embarrassed of those, I would die if I saw the video!