Friday, November 9, 2007
Flashback Friday!
Its that time of the week again. I chose these because instantly when I hear them, I smile because of the memories...OH THE MEMORIES! The Donna Summers' song goes back to High Five 106, the best semester of college for me, and my roommates had ordered this free sample videography (is that the word for it?) DVD through the mail, which showcased this company's various wedding services. They had a section where they showed a video they did for this girl's wedding and this was the song that was dubbed over it and we, as roommates, would watch that thing over and over again. The girl looked beautiful, the guy was so handsome and song was just perfect! I can't tell you how many times we watched that video, we would watch it like it was a normal movie released in the theaters! We were totally cheesy and so girly but it was so much fun! And don't worry we were able to laugh at ourselves because of it!
The second song, Minimum Wage, is by They Might Be Giants, who doesn't love this band? I remember going to a music store with my friend Brendan Ross my senior year of high school during one of our off periods and listening the first 5 seconds of this song over and over and over again. I don't know what it was, but we loved singing, opera style of course and very loudly, "Minimum Wage, YAAAA!!" And than making the whip sound, we couldn't get enough of it! Everything about the drive was random, the song, the people, the place, everything, and I loved it!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment