Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Our Halloween!

I'm a little behind but here is out Halloween update! I like to think that our Halloween was about two weeks ago when Ty and I went to Mesa to have a Bunko/Costume Party with all of our good friends there. (**WARNING**Our costume is was not meant to bring up political issues to to offend anyone, please view pictures with a sense of humor!)

Ty was a border patrol agent and I was an illegal immigrant. We figured that because Yuma has the highest number of illegal immigrants per capita than any other city in the U.S., this would be perfect.

It was a lot of fun and while we didn't win the costume contest (DANG IT!) we did walk away with a gift card to Hollywood video (which, Yuma does have one, I went looking)!
Than for actual Halloween, we heard that our ward was having a Trunk or Treat at the Stake Center so I spent two days assembling this little ghosts

I was so proud of my lollipop ghosts and couldn't wait to hand them out to all the trick or treaters. So we gathered up my spooky banner, my Halloween apron, my bag of extra candy and went off to the church building. As soon as I turned off the car and started getting things ready, I remembered that I totally left all those ghosts at home! I was so bummed out, I couldn't believe that I worked that hard on them and than left them at home. At least I had the back-up candy to hand out, but it just wasn't the same. After about a half hour, and not seeing anyone that looked familiar, we decided to go home and maybe catch the last of the Trick or Treaters in our neighborhood and we can give them the ghost lollipops. But by the time we got home, they were done and no one came by, I was sad! And the kicker, we were at the wrong church building for the Trunk or Treat, I read the invitation wrong and and so we crashed another wards party! I swear, if my head wasn't screwed, I would have left it somewhere a long time ago! So, needless to say, this Halloween became pretty memorable for other reasons than one would expect and luckily we have the missionaries over for dinner and they took all the lollipop ghosts home with them, I was so grateful to them for doing that! No fears though, I still love Halloween and it is my all time favorite holiday!
(Side note: There was a little girl that night who had the most perfect Tinkerbell costume and it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen! I wonder if they make it big enough for someone who is 6'1"?)

2 comments:

Christie said...

I, for one, expect you to find a Tinkerbell costume for a 6' 1" woman and wear it next Halloween. You have a year. Ready, set, go!

Chicky said...

OMG-you are too stinkin funny!