Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Our Belated Thanksgiving Update!

Took me long enough to post some of the pics of our trip to Kentucky for Thanksgiving, but here they are. We had such a blast and it was so much fun to be with family and all the grandbabies! I flew out a week before Ty so that all the sisters and cousins could be together and spend all sorts of time doing crafts, going to the zoo, the aquarium, watching Dancing With The Stars, The Bachelor and all sorts of movies! It was so much fun and I have to say, my nieces and nephews are the greatest in the world, I love them so much!



The husbands all rolled in the Wed before Thanksgiving and that is when the football watching began and of course lots of games of Scrabble, Phase 10 and Mormon Bridge. I am proud to say that I actually won a game of Scrabble beating out the three long time standing family champions, I couldn't believe it. Aw, the sweet smell of victory! Of course, Thanksgiving Dinner was amazing and so delicious and it was fun to go around the table and have everyone list three things that they were grateful for!

The next day, everyone (minus my parents myself and baby Ella) took off to go see Mammoth Caves, the largest underground cave system in the world. Ty loved every second of it and says it was his favorite part of the trip! I am so bummed that I missed out on the whole experience, but I wasn't feeling so hot (surprise, surprise)! Overall, the whole trip was such a blast and it was so nice to be in a state that gets cold in the fall and that has so many trees that were all changing into their falls colors! It was beautiful there! I hope everyone had equally as memorable Thanksgivings! I'll try to be better with updating the blog!

1 comment:

The Blakes said...

What a fun time! Too bad that you're feeling sickly. We have really been missing you lately! We haven't found a replacement couple to call at the drop of a hat for a good game of Settlers. It's just not as fun playing without you two! Can't wait to see you this weekend!