So I had a random thought today about being a member of the LDS church and the neighbors that Ty and I have had since being married. I will never forget when Ty and I moved into my condo in Mesa and within 10 minutes of parking the moving truck, we had 5 guys from our church, who all lived in our complex, out and ready to help us move. Keep in mind, we had never met them before but our next door neighbor, Heath, noticed we were moving in and called up some of his buddies and they were all over in seconds really to give us a hand. I always thought it reminded me of when Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz woke up in Munchkinland and slowly, from every nook and cranny in that place, little munchkins started popping up out of nowhere. That is exactly what it was like for me in Mesa, all this help from our church was coming from out of nowhere and it was such a relief to have them there to help. Every single one of those people who helped became some of dearest friends. Than when it was time for us to go, it was not different, except way more people were there helping. The girl that is renting our place from us was there when all the help arrived and she couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the number of people and I think she was feeling the same way as myself 2 years earlier and Dorothy as well. It is a sight to behold sometimes. Than we moved to Yuma, I thought to myself, "Well, it may not be Munchkinland all over again, but that is okay, we were really spoiled in Mesa." Well, I underestimated the people in my church, because, as we pulled into our drive way, Ty's co-worker and his family (they too are members of the church) pulled up and were ready to give us a hand. Next thing I know, our new next door neighbors (who we had never met) were in my drive way with glasses of ice water for us. We quickly learned that they were LDS as well and in our ward. A week later, I learned that our other next door neighbors are members of our church too...I couldn't believe it, even here in Yuma, the Mormons coming pouring around us just like the Munchkins did for Dorothy. It is experiences like this that make me very grateful for be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Random Thought...
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
that is a cute thought and a great one too. It made me feel good!
I have felt that our ward becomes our family while we don't live near our family.
I agree - the Church and members are....... well, as the missionaries say, "AWESOME"!!
Post a Comment