
Have you ever watched animals head butt each on t.v. and wondered what that would feel like? No? Neither had I, until I was actually head butted by this ferocious animal yesterday.
I was by my bed yesterday picking somethings off the floor. Right when I bent down, Marley comes running at full speed to jump up on the bed. For those who don't know our dog and the amount of energy that she puts into everything that she does, when she gets a running start to jump on our bed, she could pretty much clear the entire bed in that one leap (and we have a king size bed). My head got in the way of her and the bed and she ended up head butting right on the side of my head where my ear is. I was withering in pain all over the place, cupping my ear and trying to catch my breathe. I have never been hit with such force before, I didn't know how to react. Later that night, my ear was killing me and was really sensitive to touch and the other side of my neck was killing me. I asked Ty to look at my ear and sure enough, there is a huge a bruise (not purple and blue, but dark black) on the my ear and on my head, behind my ear! And the pain my neck...whiplash! My dog gave me whiplash! I couldn't believe it! I know this is a random story to blog about, but seriously, who gets whiplash from getting head butted by their dog? I will just have to store this experience away along with the time I tore my PCL in China playing Truth or Dare and the other time I sprained/fractured my wrist while tubing on a blind date. But I wasn't actually on my tube when I fell and hurt my wrist, I was walking to the hill...just plain walking. We ended up spending the rest of the date in the E.R as I got my x-rays. Ah, good times!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Ever Wondered?
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Oh Jill! That sounds so painful!
you know... it's because of these random stories that college was so fun!! You need to post a picture of your black ear. thanks for the laugh... but seriously i hope the pain goes away soon!!
OUCH! i guess i can add that to my list of why i dont want a dog! i'm sure you will forgive her!
I knew Marley was spastic, but who expected this? I hope you feel better soon!
Ooh - ouch!!! Glad she didn't go for the stomach area. With an energetic entrance like that, our "little one" and youself could have been in serious trouble! Hope the whiplash, bruise and pain all go away soon.
Post a Comment