Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh whats in a name?


So, here is a thought that I have been having. While I have been out of commission these last few days due to a nasty cold, I have been watching the first season of Lost. I never got into the show and the further it got into it's plot, the less I was willing to figure everything out. Well, I am hooked and still have seasons 2 and 3 to get through before the season premier on Jan. 31st. Well, here is my thought. One of the main guys on the show is named Jack. I mean this guy can do everything and is one of the coolest guys ever. He is by profession a doctor and even after having survived a plane crash on a very mysterious island, he still manages to have better bedside manner than any of the doctors that I have met here in Yuma. Than it occurred to me, there are a lot of really cool guys named Jack.

There is Jack Johnson.

Jack Bauer from 24

Jack Dawson (from Titanic) and you have to admit it girls, who didn't want to be on a sinking ship with someone like that?

Jack Ryan...for anyone who is into the movies, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger and Sum of All Fears, knows how cool this man can be.
And I am sure there are other Jacks out there who are worthy of a shout out but I can't think of them at the moment, but you get my point. I have been trying to convince Ty that Jack is a good name. I really want to name our baby (if it is a boy) Jackson Ty and than call him Jack for short (you know, Jack and Jill), but he isn't sold on the idea. Maybe this list will help him see that our little Jack could have the potential of being a surgeon who can speak any language spoken to him, any weapon thrown at him and will be able to get himself into and out of any situation...the ultimate eagle scout if you ask me!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Jack is a good name. Nice, solid and tough. on another note: I love reading your entries. You have a way with thoughts and writing. The blog world is perfect for someone with your capabilities of writing and story telling. Love ya!

jamie said...

I'm so torn on supporting your name...it's only because I want to name our next little boy Jackson Owen. But what's the big deal, we can have two Jacksons right? :) I hope you win over Ty. Jack is an awesome name.

Anonymous said...

I like Jackson better than Jack. Like Ang, I like your style of writing Jill. It is fun, fun, fun! Actually, I love reading what all of you write.

Maren said...

Hello... Jill, there is the best Jack - Jack the Pumpkin King & Captain Jack Sparrow. It's a good name, we pray that you will have a girl or TY (kind of a crazy name in it's own right) will see the light.

The Blakes said...

LOVE the name Jack. Someone already put dibs on it in Trent's family or we'd use it ourselves!