Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bear with me...

...because I am about to show off a little! Remember that quilt top I posted about, oh I don't, a million years ago? I am finally getting the courage to finish it off.

I'm really excited about it and am thrilled that this quilt is going to be my first one. But this is not why I am going to brag, I have to show off my husband (my very own Jack of all trades [ha...Jack, get it? Another reason that name is so good]). I have been really stumped about how I was going to put all three layers together without a quilting frame, until I voiced my concern to my husband. Long and behold, the man knows how to quilt! AND...he made me my very own quilting frame! I couldn't believe it! Tonight I asked him if he would help me set up my new frame and pin the layers so that they were nice and taunt. He was great at it. He proceeded to tell me that he would help his mom do this when he was little and actually had a lot of fun doing it (he is not please that I am telling everyone this, but I think it is something that he should be proud of)! Well, we pinned all the layers and he proceeded to help me baste all the layers with safety pins, I couldn't believe it!

He kept saying, "I need to go to bed. Will you hand me a few more pins?" I just giggled and let him go at it! I probably should be a little ashamed that my husband, a man, knows how to quilt and I don't, but I am not! I am so happy that he can help me along and that he will even place a little of his own love into the quilt!

When I told Ty that I wanted to take a picture of him doing this, he said, "You have 30 seconds to get your camera and get a picture, because I don't want any evidence of this!" I'm glad I had my camera on hand.
Side note: For all you hard core quilters out there, please don't judge me off of these pictures, I have no idea what I am doing, and I am learning as I go based off of what I read on the Internet! I'm almost embarrassed to post pictures of it right now because I am sure this whole set up just screams "amateur"!

5 comments:

Angela said...

What a great guy, that Ty. And I am impressed. It doesn't look amateurish to me. How could it? Looking really, really good.

Anonymous said...

A big WOW!!! A "wow" with your beautiful quilt, a "wow" with Ty The Man and a "wow" with all the great things you make. Keep it up the "Mighty Manning Team"!!!

Delia D'Nell said...

The quilt is adorable and so is TY!

Maren said...

I love that you finished your quilt top. You bought that darling fabric forever ago. You will be that cute old Nana giving all her grandbabies the most adorable lovely quilts any grandkid could ask for.

Anonymous said...

Ty is so hot right now. Don't let him fool you into thinking he doesn't like to quilt or sew. I remember when we were younger he sewed himself a pair of shorts, and he hooked me up by sewing me a belt that held little boy ammunition. What a stud!