
I found a great recipe that both Ty and I love! It has been the wierdest thing but ever since I got married, there will be days where I will cook dinner and the thought of actually eating the food grosses me out. I will lose my appetite completely. Not because the meal is gross, it could actually be really tasty...I can't quite figure it out and it has only gotten worse with the pregnancy (go figure!). Anyways, I found this slow cooker pork roast recipe that is great and I will eat it for sure whenever I make it, and Ty just devours it!! Its amazing he is as skinny as he is with how much he can pack away! Enjoy!!!
Apple Pork Roast
one medium onion-sliced into wedges
2 apples (the recipes call for Jonagold) but I use whatever I can find-sliced into thin wedges and peeled
2.5-3 lbs. pork roast
a dash of Thyme
a dash of salt
a dash of pepper
1 Tbs of cinnamon
1 Tbs or lemon juice
1/2 cup of apple juice or cider
16 oz. of coleslaw mix
In a slow cooker, layer the bottom with the onion. Lay the roast on top and sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper. Pour in the apple juice. Cook in the cooker for 3-4 hours on high...or until the meat is done. In a bowl, combine the apple wedges, lemon juice, and cinnamon and stir together. Pour over the roast and add the coleslaw. Let cook for another 1/2 hour...or until the apples are tender.
I like to make brown rice with it as a side.
I hope you like it as much as we do! And it is sooooooo easy...that is the best part!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
A Yummy Recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I am going to try this one for sure. I have a file of recipes entitled - "For Ty". Always glad to add more to the file.
I'm always on the lookout for a great, new recipe. Thanks for sharing!
And by the way, I'm the same way with food. Most of the time I eat cold cereal while my family eats the great meal I just cooked. :)
THanks so much! Always wanting to add new recipes to our cycle of recipes :o)
it really sounds delicious, i need to try it sometime!
Post a Comment