Friday, November 21, 2008

Thoughts and Updates!

I have been waiting for Elsie's four month appointment to give a really good updates of her and than life got crazy and I haven't been able to post for a few days, but I have time now, thank goodness!!!

The results of the doctors is that she is:
Height: 25 in=90% (still! She makes us so proud)
Weight: 15 lbs. 1 oz=14% (dropping in percentile but you won't meet a happier baby right now, so we aren't worried)
She is all smiles and is starting to laugh, which is just too much for Ty and I. We do all sorts of crazy things trying to get a giggle out of her.

She has only rolled over once so far but she is so close to doing it again. She loves to watch Baby Einstein and playing with toys. For a long time she would only play with things that were fabric, so you will see pics of her with a grab rag that her Aunt Addie made for her because she wouldn't touch anything else. Thank you Addie for making that for her, it is her most favorite thing right now. But lately, she is taking to normal plastic toys and is really starting to enjoy them. The love for people watching is really getting enjoyment over watching her try to figure out things and learn...it is really fascinating.


The last few weeks I have been spending a few afternoons with Elsie's Great Grandma Manning. She is in decent health but none of us in the family like the idea of her being in the house by herself so we all take turns going over and hanging out with her and it really has been a treat to do it. I just love seeing her with Elsie and knowing that Elsie has been able to meet at least one of her Great Grandparents. I have truly cherished those afternoons with Grandma Manning, especially now that she is my only living Grandparent. I would insane not to take advantage of being with her as much as possible. She is a pretty remarkable woman and is such a treat to talk to and be with. She has an impeccable memory and can recall minute details from her childhood, it really great to hear. Even though Elsie will never remember those days with her, I will and I am so happy we have them!!!


Since day one, Elsie has been a swaddling fool. She loves to be swaddled and I wouldn't dream of putting her down for the night or for a nap without swaddling her first. But the other night, Ty was watching her and he realized that it was pretty quiet in the room and he looked down wear he had laid her down to play and she was fast asleep. This is the first time she had ever fallen asleep without being swaddled. It was a pretty monumental milestone. It hasn't happened since but at least we got some really cute pictures of her out of it. Apparently, she spent two hours just looking at her reflection in these picture frames that I had on the floor. They still have the shrink wrap on them so you can see yourself pretty well in it. Our vain little girl, but I guess when you are that stinkin cute, it is okay.

4 comments:

jamie said...

I love her soooo much!!!! She is the cutest four month old in the world!!!! And, I have to add, Ella is the cutest thing ever for her age; Hannah is the cutest ever for her age and now Olivia is the cutest newborn ever!!!! I was telling Jamie we have four of the most beautiful grand daughters - seriously!!! I love the photos and the comments and the doctor's latest report. She hardly weighs anything, but we are glad to hear she is happy and making us all so proud. Love MOM

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Jill, she is a doll. They are so peaceful when they are sleeping. Their giggles and smiles are the best

Alison said...

Oh... so is stinkin' cute!! I had a baby toy when my kids were little that was a tri-fold mirror. It was one of the best toys I ever bought.

Christie said...

That's right...she can stare at herself all she wants because she is so cute! I'm so glad she is healthy and happy. That smile and giggle is quite adorable, I have to say.