
I just spent all of today completely wrapped up in this book. I started it a few days ago and had a hard time getting into but as soon as I fell in love with Jack Elliott, which happened for me sooner than it did for the main character Sarah, I couldn't put it down. Jack Elliott is right up there with Gil, Mr. Darcy and Laurie...you just can't help but fall in love with him. And the only way I would be a pioneer is if I could be one like Sarah, she is an amazingly strong woman, someone I would want to be friends with for sure. And let's just add Jack Elliott to my list of reasons why we should name one of our boys Jack and only amazingly cool guys are named Jack.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Another Good Read
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
I've always said I would marry a boy named Jack...and after every failed relationship or heartbreak, I always secretly smile that I STILL could...I'm messed up, I know.
loved the post. I tried to read this book and didn't get into it. I'll try again.
How did you come across it Jill? Who recommended it to you? MOM
I knew you'd love it! There are more books in this series too!
I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I read it years ago and have recommended it many times!
Have you read The Secret Life of Bees? Another good read.
I loved the book but hated the ending. Coudn't force myself to read the next one. I am loyal to my Jack and decided to leave it there.
This is probably my favorite book. Whenever I'm in the mood to read but can't decide what to I always go back to this one.
I borrowed this book from the library once, but didn't take the time to read it before it was due... I'll definitely have to go back and get it. Thanks for the review!
Post a Comment