Monday, January 19, 2009

Biggest Loser


Baby-check
Jogging Stroller-check
Weight from being prego with baby-check
iPod with Nike sensor-check
iPod arm band-check
Running shoes-check
Motivation to go running-we're working on that.
Running Route in mind-check
Ty's family is doing a Biggest Loser competition and we are starting our third week today. There are about 6 of us participating and we all put in $10 in the pot. Every Monday we have to weigh ourselves and report out lose on the family website. The other trick is that for every pound you gain, you have to put in a $1. Week One was I full throttle and really into it. I lost a pound. Than Week Two came and I was really struggling. Especially with Bunko on Friday night. One girl made chicken alfredo, another girl made Creme Brulee for dessert and I had the ingenious idea to made Muddy Buddies for snacks on all the tables. I couldn't turn down all that goodness. Than Sat. Ty and I went and played games with some friends and they too had some really good snacks and it was just too much for my little will power. I thought for sure, I was going to owe money today!! So, in one last attempt to be good before weigh in, I ran to my friend's house this morning (I will never have a scale in my home, so I have to go to my friend's house and use her's). I am soooo happy to announce that I have lost 3 lbs total!!! It feels good to actually see results and be rewarded for depriving myself of things that I love (like, Diet Coke, ice cream, oh and Diet Coke). Sadly, Ty's sister has a 8.8% weight lose, she is a rock star! I may not get the pot (of money that is), but I am establishing good habits and this is the whole reason I wanted to play, I needed to get rid of some bad habits (like Diet Coke). So, here is to Week Three and becoming the Biggest Loser!!!

5 comments:

Beka said...

GO JILL!! Although i really think you dont need to lose any weight--you look great!

Anonymous said...

What a fun family activity. We hope you are the biggest loser of them all!!!

MOM

Jennifer Greer said...

GO JILL!! Our Famiy had a "LARD OFF" it ended on Dec 7th and guess what..I WON!! I only lost 14lbs and I have TONS more to go. I only lost 26% of weight I need to loose. I am using the money to go towards bills...fun huh? Good Luck JILL!!!!

RatalieNose said...

Yay for Jilly!!! Ugh I wish I had motivation... Anywho, miss you tons! Stop by my new blog if you have a sec. ratalienose.blogspot.com

Ju said...

Awesome!!! Go Jill!! You are amazing. I have every wish to love running... I've had that same wish since I was 15... I'm hoping the love will come before I actually start :o) GOOD LUCK!!! Keep up the good work.