I know I have been a slacker on the blog lately but I promise I have not been a slacker when it comes to being crafty. Along with cranking out half a dozen nursing covers, baby shower gifts and of course aprons, I wanted to make Elsie her very own Happy Stackers using this pattern from Heather Bailey. 
How cute is this?!?! As soon as I understood what the directions were asking of me, it went pretty quickly and wasn't as intimidating as I thought it was going to be. And she actually plays with them so that means I was victorious!!! Here are a few pics to show off my hard work (as with most things I make, especially the fist time around, don't look too closely):
The fabric is Amy Butler and I just about died at the fabric store when I saw them all together in a bin. They needed a good project and good home and I am so happy I got to provide that for them. Elsie will give them the love and attention they deserve.
I wish I was better at stuffing things, they always come out so lumpy and uneven but good news, I finally learned how to slip stitch. By the last ring, I was really good at it. Overall, a very doable project and one I will do again for gifts. Thanks Heather Bailey and Amy Butler for the adorable fabric!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Elsie's Happy Stacker
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
These are PRECIOUS!
You're AMAZING Jilly!!!
WOW! I wouldn't even know how to BEGIN something like that!!! I'm lucky if I can get thread around the bobbin thingy on my sewing machine. I think I will take the lazy way and go BUY Kinsley some blocks. =)
You are right, those are cute. You are definitely the sew-er in the family (now that mom doesn't do it anymore). I still want you to do my crib bumper.
I just turned to Phil and said...
"I want another baby. I want these cute stacker things that Jill is going to make for gifts."
That loud thud you heard was Phil hitting his head on the bathroom floor when his knees buckled.
Good job. I love that. I might have to make one myself. I LOVE Amy Butler so much. I really like Heather Bailey too. Oh sewing is the best!
Darling project Jill!!! Way to go with the talent. Glad you posted these stackers. I did my share of sewing when I was a young mom, but now I just glow with pride with the incredible things my daughters and daughter-in-law make. You are all amazing and do amazing things - every single one of you!!!
MOM
you are amazing! and those are just adorable!
I love these! Is the middle pole thingie just stuffed fabric, or is there a stick in it or something?
I love them! Seriously! You are the bestest mom ever...how adorable..
Post a Comment