
Ty and I had a great date night tonight. We got to go see Les Miserable at the Phoenix Theater and it was amazing. This was Ty's first time seeing a Broadway musical and this one set the bar way high!!! I am still stunned over the quality of the whole production. We were a little unsure because it was such a small theater and the actors were mostly locals (many were students at ASU) but we were more than pleasantly surprised. The man that played Jean Valjean was phenomenal. I want to go back just to hear him sing "Bring Him Home" again. This is my all time favorite musical. I would listen to the music over and over again when I was younger and I had all the songs memorized before I even saw the play. I still found myself singing along to the words. Did I mention that the man that played Jean Valjean did an amazing performance?! The best line of the whole play, "To love another person is to see the face of God." Thanks Tyrone for a great date night and for taking me to see your first and my favorite Broadway musical, it was the best!
Friday, March 20, 2009
I'm So Lucky!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
What a great experience for the two of you!! And I'm sure it felt good to be on a date alone together. That is my favorite line also - I use it all the time when I talk about service and charity. MOM
I agree, that is the best musical. I love everything about it... the story, the message, the music. I am jealous. I don't know when we will get to see a broadway show... years!
Sunds like fun. We're seeing Wicked in Tempe, 7/25 matinee. Get tickets and come! We could grab dinner afterwards!
So So fun!
We're doing a medley of Les Mis in choir!
And we're dressing in costumes and everything!
It's gonna be SWEET!
Awesome!! Sounds like you guys had fun! I'm glad it was such a great experience!!
Congrats! I love that show. I hope someday to drag Curtis to something like that, he doesn't like musicals. I love em though.
Les Mis is definitely in my top 5 favs for broadways. You are a lucky girl!
I love that musical. It's the best! The first time I saw it was in Phoenix too.
Post a Comment