The other night after I put Elsie down, I told Ty, "Ty, I am going to bed." "What? Its only 8:30. Do we need to talk about something?" (Like I was mad at him or something, poor guy, I didn't mean to make him so paranoid). "No, I just need to go to bed. I am so tired and really just want to be alone and not needed for a little while." So into my comfy pj's and into my covers and off to sleep I went. Two hours later, Elsie decides to wake up crying and since we are in the same room with her, its hard to just let her cry it out. Fast forward, another two hours, Elsie wakes up again crying. Fast forward another two hours...and so on and so on...every two hours that chica woke up crying. She never wakes up during the night anymore. I couldn't believe. The one night I am actually tired enough to go to bed at a decent hour and actually needed a really good nights rest and just wanted to be left alone, Elsie wakes up EVERY two hours. I was mad, I was irrational, I wanted to get a hotel room and just ignore the fact that people at home needed me. Finally, at 4:00 am, after a good warm bottle, she slept until 8. And surprisingly, I loved her again. She will poke her head up over the crib railing and look at me and just give me the biggest smile. Sometimes I can't even see her actual smile but I can see her eyes and I know she is smiling so big! That's when I knew, everything was going to be okay and it was going to be an okay day too. So with that being said, check out these adorable pictures of our silly Elsie Bird:
We went to the park with some friends and enjoyed the beautiful weather. THat is Gavin on the left, Miss Abbey in the middle and our Elsie on the right. I love that Elsie looks like one of the other babies said something super hilarious and she is cracking up.
Future BFFs? Just maybe, if they are anything like their mamas. Miss Abbey and Elsie.
And these next two just slay me...I mean could she be any cuter?
Friday, March 27, 2009
Argh! Ack!!! Grrr!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
Welcome to motherhood! I totally expect that on "those days" that way a) if it happens I am prepared or b) if it doesn't I am pleasantly surprised.
OKAY, those pictures are soo darn cute. love them.
Oh.MY.HEAVENS. She is too stinkin' cute.
Oh, she is sooo adorable. So...when are you guys coming out to Arkansas??????????? We need to play with little Elsie!!!!!!!!!
PRESH-OUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Jilly you are so good!
This grandma is dying - I mean it's torture to see our "Elsie Pie" like this and not be able to hold her and smother her with kisses!!!! But I'm so glad you posted these darling photos. She is something else!!!
I can't stop looking at those last pictures, she is so precious! I'm sorry about your waking every two hours, that is not fun. That seems to happen to me on the night I'm willing and able to go to sleep early too... someone must be out to get us. Is Elsie teething?
i LOVED making Elsie laugh last night:)! She's definitely got a special place in my heart! I love the age she's at...Those pics are so adorable! How is her rash? Hopefully getting better?
Those last pictures are SO adorable. I wanted to ask you how your apron club works. I really want to start a sewing group but I'm not really sure what to do. I'm thinking we'll meet once a month and do some set project. I was wondering what you guys do? Do you all get together at the same house or do you rotate houses? Do you bring your own projects or do you do projects together? Please tell me how it all works?
Thanks!
She is so cute Jill, absolutely!
Oh Jill, she is darling! I love all the pics! Isn't it funny how no matter how many times you've had to wake up for them, once they smile you just can't be mad or frustrated at them?! She's adorable!
Oh Elsie! She is just too cute...
I totally hear you! It's amazing how during the night I can get so frustrated with Gavin...but then morning comes and I wonder why I was ever so upset. Lack of sleep sure does something to mama's emotions. She is adorable. Those last two pictures are so cute. She's like, "Mom, stop with the pictures already!"
Jill, she really is so beautiful. Those pictures are precious and priceless. On those days you just feel like your life is one long day with little intermitent naps in between. She is gorgeous!
Post a Comment