Friday, October 29, 2010

Girl Only Cabin Trip

For probably a year now, my SSC Sisters have been talking about going up to Beka's in-law's cabin and having at least one night together without hubbies or kids. Like a glorified sewing night. Nothing like a move to AR to get the ball rolling and making the trip happen. Even if it was only for one night (it was not enough time for sure), it was such a blast. The trip started a little rocky with our poor pregnant Jen, almost passing out in the back of the car because of heat stroke but once we figured out the A/C situation it was easy-peasy from then on.

We made a stop at Wal-Mart to gather up provisions (Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, coconut M&M's, chips...you know the essentials. Thank you Christie for taking our health into consideration and buying grapes to counterbalance all that yummy processed sugar). I knew that the trip was going to be classic when at one point I was laughing so hard I was crying in the middle of the aisle, and the trip hadn't even really begun.

I love that it looks like we were stocking up on alcohol for our crazy girls-only weekend but I promise, we were acting drunk all on our own later in the night.
We decided to grab dinner at a small diner on the side of the road but quickly changed our mind when we saw a dog poop on the floor in the middle of the restaurant. SICK!!! Obviously, we went else where for dinner. Its not a pretty sight having 8 ravenously hungry women (2 who are pregnant) wait for dinner to come but I think we composed ourselves maturely, right?

When we got the cabin, we ate, talked,

practiced looking skinnier in photos,

played an exciting game of Name-That-Celebrity,


and of course cried,

They all surprised me with a going away book that they made for me. It was so unexpected and so thoughtful. Of course, I started crying, which is why the book is in my face and you can't see me. I was so embarrassed. They all answered questions like, "What was your first impression of Jill?" "What are some of you favorite Jill-isms?" ("Shut Up" and "Diet Coke" appeared the most on that one and it is so true). "What is your favorite memory of Jill?" Stuff like that and than tons of photos on each page of all of us together throughout the last 5 years. It was so well done and so sweet, thank you all for your kind words, the great memories and all the time and effort that went into making that book. I look at it all the time and laugh every time I do.
We eventually fell asleep and tried really hard to sleep in but our little ones have us trained so well, we couldn't sleep past 7 am. Well, some of us could but come on Maren, you enjoyed waking up to our sweet voices.

The weather was gorgeous in the morning and the view was spectacular. We got packed up, cleaned up, feed and said good-bye to the cabin.


It was such a blast and I am so glad that we got to do it before I had to say goodbye to you all. I love you all and miss you like you wouldn't believe! I'm still planning on a Breaking Dawn midnight showing reunion in 2011 everyone!

3 comments:

Maren said...

So your next post is all about your cute house (boxes and all right?)

Anonymous said...

I love your friends too. What a wild and crazy bunch! Celebrate the memories and count blessings.

MOM

Beka said...

cute post Jill:)!! That was a fun trip- i'm so glad we decided to do it right before you moved too, it all worked out perfectly!!! If you are serious about breaking dawn 2011- thats one midnight showing i will make it for sure:)!!! love ya!!