I found a recipe right before our big move and I was really excited when I was finally able to try it out today. Not just because it is a completely Ty-friendly recipe but because it was perfect for our beautiful, Arkansas fall weather. I was a little nervous that it would be a disaster but it quickly became one of our favorites. And BONUS, it is soooooo easy!!!
White Bean Soup with Vegetables
1 Tbs. EVOO
1 large onion, minced
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium Yukon Gold Potato, chopped (I think my potatoes were too small so I would have thrown in an extra one to make it little bit more creamy)
1 medium zucchini, diced
1/4 tsp. each fresh rosemary and thyme or 1/8 tsp. each dried (I used tried and put in probably more like 1/2 tsp of each and it was perfect...I never measure my spices so this is a very rough guessimation)
6 cups warm reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock
2 cans white beans, drained
freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
Heat a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and potato. Saute until the vegetables sweat. Stir in rosemary and thyme. Then add zucchini, stock and beans. Cooke 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Puree with a blender to desired consistency. When it is all blended, pout back into pot and season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze.
I told you, super easy and so nutritious. I served it with seasoned, grilled chicken which went nicely with it and I think if we were to make this for people that can eat bread (Ty can not), a nice thick crust break would be perfect as well. Look at me talking like I know how to put a meal together.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
New Yummy Recipe
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Thanks for sharing Jill! I love soups during the fall and winter. I can't wait to try this out, it sounds delicious!
Post a Comment