Halloween almost didn't happen this year for the Manning's. I know...GASP!!!! With the move, I didn't have time to come up with a costume for Ty and I and the costume I did buy for Elsie, she wanted nothing to do with it. I hate store bought costumes, I can't remember the last time I bought one for myself. But when I found a Jessie the Cowgirl costume for $10 (thanks Beka for the heads up), I had to jump on that great deal. Apparently, Elsie hates store bought costumes too because she wouldn't touch it. Literally, she wouldn't touch the fabric. So about three days ago I decided that I needed to make her a costume if she was going to be dressed up and I couldn't bare the thought of her not dressing up for my most favorite holidays of the year. So with a little help from The Fussy Monkey blog I was able to make my own Jessie costume for Elsie. And I am so grateful to her for sharing her talents with the rest of us because it turned out adorable!
Even Ty said that he was glad that Elsie wouldn't wear the other costume because this one was much cuter...what a guy right?
She loves her hat and boots (the boots are so stinkin' cute. Every little girl should own a pair of cowboy boots). She fought me a little bit on the chaps but she forgot they were on her after a while.
Doesn't she look like she is walking a cat walk in this picture? I mean her face is so serious and focused. She was really focused on getting all the candy she could get her hands on during our church's Trunk or Treat.
My battery died after this picture but it was really fun to watch her go through her very impressive stash of candy and find the ones that were her favorites. She loved the suckers and Sweet Tarts. She is just like her Daddy that way. When I dumped her candy on the floor, she let out the biggest, "Wooooow." It was really cute. Sorting the candy was my favorite part of Halloween so it was fun to sit around her stash with Ty and Ty's cousin Jake and pretend that we were 8 years old again and pick out our favorite pieces. And then I quickly ODed on chocolate. That's the best!
It was a fun Halloween and really fun to see Elsie get into the whole Trick or Treating part of it this year. It will only get better and I can't wait!
Oh and we had a lot of fun decorating pumpkins this year. I'm so grateful that I married a man that is artistic because I have an artsy bone in my whole body. He took full control on the pumpkin carving and did a great job.
**Note: Our eating area was painted an nice/bright red color and I haven't decided if I like it or not. What do you think? Should we keep it or change it to something more neutral?
And I thought it would be fun for Elsie to decorate her own pumpkin and she had a blast using markers (this doesn't happen everyday) and coloring away. Sadly, it rained that same night and all off her doodling washed away. I don't think she has noticed at all though.
I love this last picture of Elsie and Ty together. It really was a fun family activity!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Halloween 2010
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Oh that is too cute!!! Great job Jill!!!
Oh that is too cute!!! Great job Jill!!!
YEA JILL! Another blog post- you better keep these coming, since you moved!! That is SO funny Elsie wouldnt wear the other costume....she MUST be your daughter-The outfit you made her was really adorable tho - your just so talented!!
Loved the costume you made in two seconds. Unbelievable. Fun post.
Fun pics Jill. The house looks nice! The red looks good in the picture but if it is really bright and they will let you paint and not have to re-paint when you leave, then change it up if you want! I won't paint our rental because we would have to change it back...to much work.
You're awesome to make her a costume when you're still trying to settle into your house. It turned out great!
I LOVE the red walls and would leave them!
Jill I love you!! You are so amazing and creative! Elsie is absolutely adorable!!!! I have the cutest nieces EVER! Oh my I can't get enough of her. I too love the picture of her and Ty. How fun for her to decorate her own pumpkin.
She looks way too grown up with those half pig tails. Great job on the Jessie costume! She's so adorable.
Post a Comment