So, I decided to get a little abitious and start quilting. I don't know the first thing about it but I think that at least the quilt top turned out somewhat okay. Just don't look too closely at the seams. It was funny, while I would be on the sewing machine, Ty would walk into the room and feel like he should go out and chop wood. I was very fun to do, but of course, I am not quite done, I still need to put the batting on and the backing. That should be interesting! But this is something that I can see myself doing for all of my kids and hopefully grandkids. I just wish I had my Grandma Brimhall's expertise on quilting...she always created beautiful quilts.
Monday, February 12, 2007
I'm A Homemaker
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
it's gorgeous! did you use a pattern or did you design it yourself. i want one!
Jamie, I did use a pattern, it is pretty easy to follow...I'll bring it in March when we are at Ange's.
Is this the one that you bought when you came to visit? It looks GREAT! I'm so inspired.
Hey Blake, it is so good to hear from you. I'm glad you could make it. This is the same quilt that i got with you and Laurel. The pattern that they gave us to use to so easy and self-explanatory. But I do recommend getting a good rotary cutter and the self-healing mat...and don't go with cheap ones either
(a mistake I made and shouldn't have).
Post a Comment