
I just couldn't wait to get home an tell you all about what I learned in class today. It was in my public speaking class, in which we have been taking three days performing informative speeches. On the first day of speeches, I learned how to make a dirty martini. Than today I learned that Corona is the best beer on the market and than finally, I learned how to make crack. Yep, higher education at its best. The speech was complete with drawings and measurements. And if you anwered one of his questions right, than he gave you a dime back (just like you would find on the street) with a little rock in it...which represents crack. So I guess Ty and I have our next Family Home Evening activity planned...we will let you know how it goes. In my gender communication class, the teacher spent a half hour allowing everyone to yell out all the different obscenities that our culture has for men and women. I heard and saw words that I hope to never hear again...what I was supposed to get out of that class I am still not sure.
Everyday I am so grateful that I get to go home and surround myself with a loving and respectful husband, good friends and great family members.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
What Can You Learn For Over $2000?
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
How frustrating! I'm sorry you have to endure this in the name of education.
Kind of makes you greatful for your experiences at BYU-Idaho, doesn't it! Just goes to show how much we are responsible for teaching our children.
seriously, that is so crazy! it's like when I went to a concert with a friend a few years ago and we were surrounded by young kids dressed immodestly, with body piercings, different hair colors, tattoos, swearing and being immodest with each other. My friend and I looked at each other and said "we fear for our unborn children". it's sad when you can say that same statement during class at college.
I'm with you on the speech class-- why are people so anxious for an opportunity to explore something so . . .stupid, really. The obscenities thing does say something bigger about our culture's understanding of gender. Don't you wonder why we use it as a way to sling hateful insults?
Post a Comment