Monday, April 13, 2009

Elsie at 9 months

Holy Moly, Elsie had her 9 month wellness check up today and I can't believe what a little person she is becoming. Her are her stats so far:
Height: 29.5 in.=97 percentile
Weight: 17.6 lbs.=28 percentile
Head: 17 in.=30%
She certainly is a long skinny thing. Her is a list of some of the funny things that she does:
*she is quite the scooter now. She will get on her hands and knees but gets so excited about it that she falls over and than army crawls wherever she want to go. And that usually means that she wants to go to Marley's dog food.
*She hasn't really mastered how to gracefully go from sitting up to scooting so she literally will topple over and than get on her tummy. Considering her height, that is a long way to tumble and she is usually surrounded by toys so she hurts her head often.
*She loves to eat sweet potatoes, corn, bananas, pears, saltines, cheese, yogurt and Gerber puffs. Don't even think about giving her anything green like peas or green beans. She barely tolerates carrots.
*She loves to make the "sssss" sound. And when the mood is right she will mimic you and say, "dadada" or "mamamama" or "zazazaza." Its really cute and Ty and I just die when she does it.
*She gets soooo excited when you go in to get from a nap or in the morning. Her whole body gets into it and she just can't contain all the excitement in her little body.
*She has learned that I am in the bed when she wakes up in the morning and she will pull down her bumper so that she can see me better. She used to just crane her head up as far as possible to see over the crib railing. She has figured out a more efficient way to spy on her mommy.
*She has her own little Fisher Price cell phone and LOVES it. She starts to shake and gets a really big smile on her face when I open it for her and hand it to her.
*She loves to swat at Marley. And she laughs and smiles for Marley all the time. Marley could care less until meal time and then she is at full alert waiting for anything to fall off Elsie's tray.
*She has learned how to clap but prefers to grab onto my hands and clap my hands together rather than her own.
*She is still too small for her jeans (they are 6-12 months) but they fit her perfectly length wise (this is just the beginning of the rest of her life) so when she scoots, the always scoots right out of her jeans. Its pretty funny to watch.
*She now has 8 teeth total...and they are fairly large teeth. We call them her "chompers" because they are so huge. Its makes for a very cute smile.
*In the morning, I put her in her baby carrier and take Marley on a walk and Elsie loves every minute of it. She usually squeals and laughs the whole time. When Marley tries to chase after a bird or cat that really gets Elsie going. I'm sure I look pretty funny to people that drive by but it is one of my favorite things that we do because of Elsie's reaction. She loves being outside.
*I will dance all crazy in the house for her and she just loves it and will smile so big for me and sometimes giggle. I love it! She really likes it when I flail my arms and wave my arms in the air. Anything to make her laugh.
I think that is about it for now. Here are some pics to show her progress:


Remember when I took a picture of Elsie sitting with her dad at the computer and she could barely hold her head up? Now she is trying to grab anything that is in her reach on his desk.

We have to "cage" her in sometimes because she loves to get into the cords and dog food and we often find her trying to escape. I feel so bad when I see her little face peering through this crack.


WHo knew eating saltines could be so exhausting? It was a long day for her at the doctors office and than at the fabric store. I never thought she would fall asleep eating but she did and it was the funniest thing. She slept like this for about an hour, I didn't think she would last that long. She actually started snoring which really made me laugh.

8 comments:

Ju said...

I loved reading this, your little Elsie is just adorable!! She is getting so big.

Martha said...

This reminds me of Alannah when she falls asleep in her jumper. I think it is so funny too.

And I hope you don't mind me commenting on here..

Martha

Delia D'Nell said...

she is so stinking cute! Just like her mom...

Jessie Lewis said...

For some reason I thought she was older. I can't wait until Elsie and Maddie understand more and can play together. They'll have so much fun!

Benn said...

Okay, so Benn and I think that Elsie on Ty's lap is "Little Ty" and Elsie asleep in the high chair is "Little Jill". It's fun that we can see both of you in her. She is so darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christie said...

She is so sweet! I love that she fell asleep in her high chair. Saltines are pretty exhausting to eat. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so lucky to have so many darling little grandchildren, and even luckier because I get to play with our little Elsie in a few days - YAHOO!!!! The pics are adorable and I read every single thing you wrote about Elsie - way too funny!!!

MOM

Lindsay Adams said...

She's getting so big so fast! What a gorgeous little girl. Enjoy it all, it goes by too quickly!