
My good friend Beka and I have a bond that we share for all things Anne of Green Gables. When she was on bed rest while pregnant with her twin boys, I would go over to her house and we would watch all the movies together to help pass them time. Fast forward two years, and we have decided it is time to reconnect with our dear friend Anne and of course, Diana, Rachel Lynde, Marilla, Matthew and of course, Gill. Of course it is a little bit harder with little ones running around but still very enjoyable. A few weeks ago we were watching it and remember that scene in the movie where Anne is dared by Josie Pye to walk the ridgepole of Moody's barn. Well, if you recall, (which, you probably won't so go watch the movie immediately after reading this blog to refresh your memory) the apron that Anne is wearing. It is adorable. White, box pleats at the top, long ties in the back. Simply darling. Well, Beka and I both commented about how this apron is one of our favorites and started thinking about how we could make it. The inspiration never left me and I did it, I made my own Anne inspired apron and I am head over heels in love with it! What do you think?.jpg)
Its the box pleats I tell you, they are just too much fun! Or I guess in the words of Anne, pleats are so "romantic." 
And guess what, its is already posted in the Etsy store so you can have it if you want it.
And in memory of Anne Shirley, I leave you with one of the greatest quotes in literature, "I don't want diamond sunbursts, or marble halls. I just want you."
Thank you Christie for the wonderful photography, you are so talented!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Meet Anne (with an "e")
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Have to comment here as well and say that I LOVE IT!! You give me so much inspiration.
Very cute...so impressed with your talent!
I love the apron, but really, I am touched more by the memories, love and service that resulted from Anne's apron. Thanks for sharing that magnificent quote - my daily dose of inspiration. MOM
Jill, this is Jessica Peterson (James' wife), I LOVE YOUR Creativity. That is the cutest apron I have ever seen. Hopefully one day I will get into sewing and make an apron, until then I might have to buy yours.
Such a cute apron and who doesn't love Anne of Green Gables. It's the best!
Mitzi
Definitely, my favorite apron.
I LOVE it! I love it. You did a wonderful job on it. The fabric is beautiful too. You know (I can't believe I'm going to admit this) I have never seen Anne of Green Gables. I know! You don't have to be my friend anymore. :)
I chose the WORST TIME to be behind in my google reader. I headed right over to Etsy to buy and it's sold.
"This is the most tragical thing that has ever happened to me"
-Anne (and LAUREL Anne....)
(i knew i like you, Jill!)
Post a Comment