Monday, April 27, 2009

For Family Night...

...we decided to invite a couple of friends to join us. You may know them:

Hugh Jackman. Um...yes please!

Ryan Reynolds.

Liev Shreiber.
And pretty much everyone else in this picture came too:

I told Elsie she had a mission to accomplish when we got the Tempe Marketplace and that was to look as cute as possible so that Hugh would want to hang out with us.
She was less than thrilled about her mission:

It was a pretty fun time. Tempe, AZ had won a contest to host the world premier of X-Med Origins Wolverine tonight and therefore, a bigger part of the cast turned out for it. I was surprised by how close we were able to get to the stars considering we only showed up 15 minutes beforehand. Here is a summary of my impression of the stars we saw,
Hugh: He is awesome. He loved being the crowd and spent equal about of time with the fans and with the press and many times he would interrupt his interviews to sign autographs and get the crowd crazy. I have always been a fan of him and I still am.
Ryan Reynolds: Kind of a punk. He was the favorite among the lady fans but he only spent maybe 2 minutes with the fans and the rest of the time with the press and never really turned to face the fans. Not impressed.
Liev Shreiber: He was my favorite. He spent probably the most time with the fans, signing autographs and talking everyone. He would sit on the edge of the stage to get as close as he could with everyone. He did go to the press afterwards but I thought that was okay considering he had spent so much time with all of us. He was really cool!!!

Overall, I am really excited to see this movie when it comes out this Friday. It looks awesome! The other cast members were there but they were taking too long to get to our part of the parking lot and Elsie could only be expected to be a trooper for so long:

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Great FHE! We can't wait to see the movie!

Christie said...

Wow! What a great FHE! That's so cool you went. Someday Elsie will be thrilled too. :)

Ju said...

How incredibly awesome is that??!! How fun and what a fantastic FHE!

Nikki said...

Uh I am jealous, that would've been so fun to go to.

RatalieNose said...

OMG HUGH JACKMAN IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FOXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maren said...

I love Hugh Jackman. Why didn't you send out a 911 text telling us to get our hineys over there. Maybe wolverine would have been impressed by Abbey's mounds of hair and would have come talk to me. Not that words would have come out of my mouth - Paige would have stepped up to translate "My mom says she likes play-dough" "My mom wants to know if you have candy for me?" that's my girl, always the diplomat.

Scot and Jenny said...

Wow fun! I love seeing celebrities! It's so exciting. Especially good lookin' ones like Hugh.

Brandon, Lesley, Drew and Carter said...

Dude Jilly Bean that is awesome! I would have died! Brandon is so excited to see that movie! When are you going to have another one of those cute babies??

Jandi said...

Hello! I'm totally jealous! What a good family night activity! I love the pics of Elsie!! She is such a cutie!

michelle manning said...

Elsie's face in the first pic made me laugh out loud!