So this weekend Ty and I went hiking with the our Bishop and the 1st counselor in the bishopric and it was a blast. Richard Webb is a professional photographer who specializes in landscape, especially AZ mountain desert landscape. He knows AZ like the back of his hand. The hike started at 8 am and ended at about 5:30. There wasn't a real trail so we pretty much trailblazed the whole time. The desert is not a friendly terrain, Ty and I were pulling huge thorns out of our thighs. But after hiking for about 4 hours, we found the water falls and they were awesome! I had to actually rock climb and scale up a rock wall to see one of them which was the first time I have ever had to do something like that. It was adventurous. By ankles were killing me by the end of the hike and I think I am about to lose my big toe nail from slamming against the top of my tennis shoe the whole time but it was so worth it, it was a blast! Here are some pics that Ty took!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Devil's Canyon
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
8:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
What a beautiul place to hike too! That is awesome that you got to rock climb!
As much as Kevin complains about AZ and the heat, he has to know that there are beautiful parts of AZ too! It looks like you found some. I've lived in AZ my whole life and have travelled the state a lot and have never seen a waterfall! That's awesome.
Post a Comment