Saturday, April 7, 2007

Let Me Count the Ways!


So I need to take a moment and dedicate one of my posts to Ty because I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him. Earlier I did a post on 6 wierd things about myself because I was tagged by my sister after she had to do it too. Well, I am taking that post and tweeking it a litte. Therefore if you read this, than tag you're it. You have to dedicate a post on 6 things that you love about your significant other (if you don't have one, anyone who you love will be fine). And it doesn't have to be just six, if you want to list more I think the person you dedicate it too would be okay with that. Here it goes, enjoy!
1. Ty is one of the most thoughtful person I know. I witnessed this first hand on our honeymoon when we had a lay over at the airport and he spotted a single mom traveling with 3 kids. She was struggling with the luggage and keeping the kids together while they went to the gate. He got up and asked the mom if he would carry her luggage for her. She took him up on the offer and away they went. That was so heartwarming. He has stopped several times to help a stranded traveler on the side of the road. Just this weekend, he took two boys who didn't have a dad around to our ward's Father/Son campout. There is a guy in our ward that calls almost every night for many different reasons and Ty never complains or says anything afterwards. He talks to him like they are best friends everytime. He is an amazing example to me all the time!
2. Sometimes Ty and I will just start singing random songs that we make up as we go along. They don't have any set melody, words or harmonies. Just whatever comes into our heads we start singing and we try to make sure that we work off of eachother. It is really fun and I am sure if anyone heard us, they would think we were nuts, but it makes me happy!
3. He is so patient. I don't know how many times I have gotten frustrated over something (usually something really dumb) and he just helps me work it out. And I can't help but mention that if he had it his way, we would have had a kid a year ago but he let me work out my fears and hesitations and agreed to wait at least three years after we got married. What a guy!
4. He is hilarious. He makes me laugh all the time with the things he says, his voices, faces and mannerisms and his corny jokes. But it is never at the expense of someone else, me or himself...to me that is rare humor!
5. He is such a handy man. He has been able to fix everything, build aynthing from scrape materials from his job sites and can install anythings also. If we had any home improvement things that need to get done, he can do it...from installing a ceiling fan to completely redoing our closet. He would love to buy a fixer upper home and do all the updates himself...too bad I could never live in a house in that sort of condition, but it is a relief to know that he could fix it if necessary!
6. He brings me home gifts. Whether it is girl scout cookies, a t-shirt from In-N-Out Burger, flowers (especially tulips) or cleaning the house for me while I am away. He knows how to shower a girl with gifts and make her feel special and I do feel special!
Okay, there you go...you have been tagged!

No comments: