So I was tagged by one of my "cool" cousins, Laurel, and since she is one of the coolest people I know, I feel so cool for being tagged by her! Cool huh?
8 things I am passionate about:
-My family
-My testimony of the Gospel
-Anything having to do with my/our divine nature
-Traveling
-Sewing/Crafts
-music
-Running (when I can run!)
-My Friends
8 past books I have read:
-The Scriptures
-Twilight
-New Moon
-Eclipse
-War and Peace (I don't remember a whole lot of the story but I am just proud of myself for having read the whole thing)!
-Peter Pan
-These Things Shall Give Thee Experience (I love Elder Maxwell and this book is beautiful)!
-Marley and Me
8 things I often say:
-"SHUT UP!" (But not like I am telling someone to be quiet but I say it when I am shocked about something and instead of saying "no way", I say this instead).
-"Awesome!"
-"Is that bad?" (I can be a little on the naive side and so I am always telling Ty things that I am thinking about whatever and than ask him this afterwards).
-"Ye-ow-zers!" (You know like from Inspector Gadget?)
-"What's up?"
-"I think I have heart burn!" (I've been saying this throughout my whole pregnancy but right now I think I am actually experiencing it...but I have cried wold too many times to Ty so he doesn't believe me).
-"I heart..." (the items in the blank changes all the time).
-"I need something sweet!"
8 things I look for in a friend:
-honesty
-not afraid to be nerdy with me
-easy going
-funny
-will laugh at me and at themselves when we do something silly or completely dumb
-will let be vent about things and not judge me for the things that I say because chances are I will want to take it all back 10 minutes later
-let's me talk about my travel adventures (I have never been comfortable about talking about the places that I have been because I hate feeling like I am bragging so it is rare when I talk to a friend about).
-accepts that I am horrible at sports and that I am anything but athletic (even though I am over 6 feet tall)
8 things I want to do before I die:
-run a marathon
-be a whale trainer at Sea World
-go sailing
-be a National Geographic photographer
-put together the soundtrack for a major motion picture
-visit Prince Edward Island (I'm taking this from Laurel's list, because I love it)!
-climb Mt. Kilamajaro (and maybe learn how to spell it first)
-have a veggie garden
8 things I have learned this past year:
-The ward and friends that I made in Mesa are golden!
-Yuma isn't as bad as its reputation makes it seem(not that I will live here forever though)
-I'm happiest when I am being crafty
-I can survive pregnancy...I'll get back to you on the whole labor thing!
-I LOVE to teach in church and give talks
-I love grocery shopping
-Now that I can't go running, I really really miss it.
-I prefer living somewhere that has four seasons
-8 people I want to do the 8 things:
If you want to do this...knock yourself out!
Monday, May 5, 2008
8 things...
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Great tag. I can't believe you finished War and Peace. And I could hear your voice saying "shut up" as I read it because it's one of those cute quirks I associate with you hearing anything that astonished you! Too funny!
I loved reading more things about "our Jillian". Cool stuff on your list.
I love that Stephenie Meyer had 3 books on your list. That is messed up, sister (yes, I'm one of those rare people who has not and never will read the books or see the movie...haven't seen any of the star wars, harry potter, or lord of the rings either. At this point, it's just one of those things I want to keep going just to say i did! =)..)
Let's go to PEI together!!
OH JILLY HOW I MISS MISS MISS YOU!!! I just got back home from young womens and its jsut NOT THE SAME without you!!!!!! And don't worry, I too am OBSESSED with the Twilight books!!! Me and Kim are going to the movie at midnight!!!!!
Hello,
I found your blog on google under "yuma, az" images. My husband and I are thinking about moving there and I'm trying to see if we'll (I'll) like it there. Btw, I had to leave a note because I love baking and I saw you make aprons - I've been looking for a cute apron. Do you sell your aprons?
Take care,
Bridget :)
Post a Comment